• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re visitor numbers up.... Yes, they will have given the introduction of wicker man and the season pass, however, I doubt guest satisfaction has gone up. I think that's going the other way.

Omg how freaky, just as I typed wicker man the advert started on the TV in the background. Ok, that's weird!!!!!!

Mmmm won't Hand S want some time
They need to appear to investigate to limit DM surely?
Oh I'm sure there was an investigation, but that hardly requires keeping the whole waterpark closed. As I said water is slippy, people slip over at waterparks all the time. Obviously the injuries sustained must have required a quick transfer to the hospital hence the air ambulance, but I doubt that HSE will get involved, towers have their own H&S department who can conduct their own investigations into smaller incidents.

Oh I'm sure there was an investigation, but that hardly requires keeping the whole waterpark closed. As I said water is slippy, people slip over at waterparks all the time. Obviously the injuries sustained must have required a quick transfer to the hospital hence the air ambulance, but I doubt that HSE will get involved, towers have their own H&S department who can conduct their own investigations into smaller incidents.
Practically speaking they don't need to close it, but for pr purposes?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Re visitor numbers up.... Yes, they will have given the introduction of wicker man and the season pass, however, I doubt guest satisfaction has gone up. I think that's going the other way.
Do you think the attendance gains will be short term and reverse if what you suggest is true? Presumably they both can't occur simultaneously for long.

Practically speaking they don't need to close it, but for pr purposes?
No.

Do you think the attendance gains will be short term and reverse if what you suggest is true? Presumably they both can't occur simultaneously for long.

I dont think they can continue like this for the next few years. The TA reviews are dreadful in some cases, and many vowing never to go back. Many of us havent renewed passes and go back a lot less than previous years. The public are drawn to Alton this year because of WickerMan. I dont think people will be drawn to the Enchanted Sheds next year.

Likewise with the hotels, the reviews are quite poor this year both for quality of the rooms and food/drink. I think people including the general public are now seeing the true face of all this cost cutting , and while many would have attended this year to go on the new ride, whether these same people will return next year i think is questionable.

Yes more people are going back to ride Wickerman which is a great ride. But then Alton Towers is doing a fantastic job of making sure they never come back with terrible operations and cutbacks still in place. All the good publicity Wickerman brings is swiftly undone by the rest of the park, especially the ridiculous operation of the only water ride; Congo River Rapids over this summer. My pass has expired and I have not renewed.

I'm sure Congo will still be open. Just on one boat so it can't hit another boat. Can you imagine what the Daily Mail would say if two boats bumped and someone got a bruise? "Two trains crash again at Towers with many fearing there are multiple casualties."

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.