• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On both days of my visit this week, Oblivion was showing on the board a queue time of between 30 to 40 mins, but yet it was just walk on.

Looks like this morning they failed to get most of the rides signed off on time. I hope they improve on this over the busy firework weekend and get all the rides opened on time.

Looks like this morning they failed to get most of the rides signed off on time. I hope they improve on this over the busy firework weekend and get all the rides opened on time.
Well if it was as cold and frosty there as it was here in Gloucester this morning I suspect that was down to the weather and near-zero temperatures

Warm and sunny on Park yet Th13teen has shut at 3pm yet again. :rolleyes:

This is really poor from AT, Th13teen is the perfect late night ride. Does it look more and more like another 'Merlin Money Saving' move? I feel like the magic has been squeezed out of the park this year and non enthusiast friends have visited and commented on it feeling cheap :(

The Thirteen business of shutting mid Scarefest for night time rides, reminds me on how they initially removed the Rapids from the Night time line up

I can almost see their point for the rapids from a H&S POV if someone fell in the water (although I'm wondering if Universal open their water rides in the evening, i can't remember!) but Th13teen seems bizarre ... surely its not to do with any potential risks around an evac of a stuck train?

I can almost see their point for the rapids from a H&S POV if someone fell in the water (although I'm wondering if Universal open their water rides in the evening, i can't remember!) but Th13teen seems bizarre ... surely its not to do with any potential risks around an evac of a stuck train?
It's not just universal that open their water rides in the evening. Busch Gardens, Disney, SeaWorld, Six Flags, heck even Blackpool Pleasure Beach open their log flume in the dark!

Merlin parks are the only parks I know that don't run most water rides at night.

I've been told that the Rapids was closed for night time riding due to the rides CCTV cameras are not suitable for night time.

I was told a similar thing last Wednesday daytime (I won't be name dropping on here) with regards to Thirteen won't be running after dark due to the rides CCTV cameras are inadequate for night time. Saying that, I did dismissed this as Thirteen was open that evening. It does make you wonder....

I've been told that the Rapids was closed for night time riding due to the rides CCTV cameras are not suitable for night time.

I was told a similar thing last Wednesday daytime (I won't be name dropping on here) with regards to Thirteen won't be running after dark due to the rides CCTV cameras are inadequate for night time. Saying that, I did dismissed this as Thirteen was open that evening. It does make you wonder....
I see why for the rapids. Not sure why they need CCTV to operate Thirteen though

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.