• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Th13teen 3 train service but only one being used for guests, can only be to build the queue?

Queue was up the steps and double batched into rows already so more than enough people for a full train each time

Last edited:
Even though it has opened in the dark, in far colder weather, for the last 8 years? Even though it's probably the least likely ride in the park to stall because if left to it's own devices it will "overspeed"?

Yep. It's clearly been a death trap since it opened. How no one has died yet is beyond me. Better send Walter Peck round to shut the whole place down, quick!

The only good thing about Walter peck closing the ride, is that in a few years time. The whole incident will classed as fake and merlin would be discredited for a hoax!!!!

I’m firmly of the belief that Merlin are using the manufacturer guidelines to their own advantage. It’s not exactly as simple as looking at the thermometer and saying “oh, it’s gone below 5°c, better close the ride!”. Once the ride has had all day to warm up, that just isn’t necessary, no matter what the book says.

Isn’t it also strange that TH13TEEN has operated just fine tonight, whilst the temperature has been similar all week and that resulted in it being closed every night until tonight... :rolleyes:

While I would be inclined to agree, last night sort of diffuses that claim somewhat. But like @DiogoJ42 says, the ride has opened in far colder conditions for the last 8 years. Something must have happened on Intamin hardware somewhere in the world with a similar ride system or similar control / safety systems, which has prompted Intamin to update their operation manuals to mitigate an potential issues with their rides. In 2018, procedures and guidelines are put into place to prevent litigation as much as they are for practical reasons.......You can thank the US of A for that.

Also, certain aspects of the ride, critical to the safe operation would not warm up after being used all day. Such as sensors. Metal also contracts in cold weather, another cause of potential problems. As the track and most of the cars are made of it.

As for them using it to their own advantage though, of course they do at some point. This is Merlin, the mighty money grabbing machine. They would have you walk around the grounds looking at closed rides if they could get away with it.

Last edited:
It appears the NST/Project 42 site has been fitted with a new electronic queue time display, it looks like it's one of the attractions.io powered ones.
(Photos not mine, I couldn't get to towers today ;( )
8c447ddbb73f9383be3043ad66157b7b.jpg
946869d49d257946f22448173eed3afc.jpg
ee6dbd17d4889da5bd0905e1466a41b7.jpg

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

The ride is surely reopening then? No other reason for that as the scaremaze is now finished.
As far as im aware there is only one small group of people where queue times for towers mazes are useful (VIPs) so even if mazes hadn't finished it's weird

It appears the NST/Project 42 site has been fitted with a new electronic queue time display, it looks like it's one of the attractions.io powered ones.
(Photos not mine, I couldn't get to towers today ;( )
8c447ddbb73f9383be3043ad66157b7b.jpg
946869d49d257946f22448173eed3afc.jpg
ee6dbd17d4889da5bd0905e1466a41b7.jpg

It seems a very odd move for them to add this in on the last day of the season instead of waiting a day or two after it ends.

Perhaps we’ll see it reopen in some form, or (much less likely I think but still possible) could the dungeons be going here to give easy access from the Galactica gate, allowing it to be a year round or open until late attraction?

It seems a very odd move for them to add this in on the last day of the season instead of waiting a day or two after it ends.

Perhaps we’ll see it reopen in some form, or (much less likely I think but still possible) could the dungeons be going here to give easy access from the Galactica gate, allowing it to be a year round or open until late attraction?

I would think it’s a marketing move.

I think the Dungeon will be using the old Charlie building, although I think the ex-N:ST facility would be more suitable.

Problem is, the Charlie building has a family feel to it and is in a family area of the park. The dungeon is not really a family attraction, being quite dark, so the N:ST building (and Forbidden Valley) would be a more suitable location.

Even though it has opened in the dark, in far colder weather, for the last 8 years? Even though it's probably the least likely ride in the park to stall because if left to it's own devices it will "overspeed"?

Yep. It's clearly been a death trap since it opened. How no one has died yet is beyond me. Better send Walter Peck round to shut the whole place down, quick!
Well, it was well above 5 celcius last night. I would think it was new guidelines, or they've decided to adhere to the old ones that they may not have been doing previously

It is not ending up in that building. How the hell have people seriously drawn that conclusion, from what is quite clearly an old electronic sign getting cable tied to a piece of scaffolding. That is some ambitious 'drawing the dots together'.

It is also like me deciding to build a house, but buying the light fittings first.

Even if it was going in that building, they would concentrate on more important things first, like the actual attraction itself. Before non essential things, like used Que signs are placed onto existing and what was old theming.

It is going in the Charlie building, the design has been designed around the Charlie building since design work was started near the start of ths year.

Last edited:
It is not ending up in that building. How the hell have people seriously drawn that conclusion, from what is quite clearly an old electronic sign getting cable tied to a piece of scaffolding. That is some ambitious 'drawing the dots together'.

It is also like me deciding to build a house, but buying the light fittings first.

I think as far as we know, there are two potential candidates for where the Dungeons will go: CATCF and N:ST. I personally think it will be in CATCF. However, as we don’t know where the dungeons are going as there hasn’t been any announcement, it could well be in either, so speculating it to be in either is as you say, effectively “drawing the dots together”.

This is a forum and I was merely floating an idea about as I have heard others also speculating long before work on either building that the dungeons could go into CATCF or N: ST as these are the two most suitable vacant plots. As is the purpose of a forum, I was simply asking for discussion to see what others thought, too. To some extent, the purpose of a forum is to speculate. Whether the dungeons actually go there or not, it’s still interesting to see where others on here think will be the most suitable place they could have gone (due to the contrast between the two possible areas) and have a discussion about it. :)

EDIT - I’ve just seen you’ve edited your post and it sounds much more constructive now, so thanks. :)

I agree absolutely with your post, my post was not aimed at anyone specifically. But found it amusing that people saw this (again not you or anyone, just generally) as evidence of it going there.

I agree absolutely with your post, my post was not aimed at anyone specifically. But found it amusing that people saw this (again not you or anyone, just generally) as evidence of it going there.

Thanks :) I do think they’ll throw it into CATCF, but I could see why it would work up in FV with the second entrance point already used for the Rollercoaster Resturant which could enable them to open it much longer and make more money. I would find it odd (assuming it’s going into CATCF) that the midway budget will fund something only open 7 and a half months though, when the other dungeons are year round so can make more profit. So either way, it’s a slightly odd move for merlin.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.