• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If you've given consent for your name and DOB to be on a brick in the entrance to a theme park then there are no implications caused by GDPR!

Is that still the case in 6 years time with the right to be forgotten? It's an interesting one, I have just had a very quick look and I think you are right, the bricks would still be used for their original purpose therefore not in breach of GDPR!

@Rob @Stuie Christ, can we not bring GDPR speak into my leisure time?!

Ha, it's impacting my work enough that I thought why not let it impact everything we do in life! :p

:)

Is that still the case in 6 years time with the right to be forgotten? It's an interesting one, I have just had a very quick look and I think you are right, the bricks would still be used for their original purpose therefore not in breach of GDPR!

Ha, it's impacting my work enough that I thought why not let it impact everything we do in life!

:)
Do you honestly think they will be in place six years time?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I would have liked one of those bigger bricks with the Alton Towers logos on plus space for a message, I think would have looked nicer.

LF0xLhF.jpg

I just hope that the bricks don't end up graffiti like some of the fences/post in the Wicker man queue line

Think the problem is here that when you compare it to how Disney have done it (I'm not sure if any other parks have done it off top of my head), it looks naff...

Perhaps they should've gone for a wall effect? Like have a big 'wall of fame/shame' thing in the plaza...

I think some hommage to loved attractions gone by would be good on the plaza, especially since we already have the Corkscrew element. Thunder looper, Beast, Black Hole, Toyland Tours to name but a few. Some nicely displayed artwork or even paving stones but not cheap ones would jazz it up a lot and make it more magical again.

The heritage of the park is just as important as the future. I remember having a bumper sticker for Thunder looper and Corkscrew on our family shed. :)

Every so often, in amongst the new bricks they've been laying, they should put some larger square ones, like the ones with the Alton Towers logo on, except dedicate them to the former attractions at the resort like Corkscrew, Black Hole, Thunder Looper etc..

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.