• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Whilst that's not a bad price, it's a 30% reduction in seating capacity from the original Ripsaw.

I guess the other problem is if they brought back a Huss top spin with water fountains, it effectively admits they made a mistake in removing it. They wouldn't want to be seen to make a u-turn.

How about one of these beasts, from Ride Engineers Switzerland (RES)?

Render_01ap.jpg

Has a high capacity as well! :)
(over 1,100 pph)

How about one of these beasts, from Ride Engineers Switzerland (RES)?

Render_01ap.jpg

Has a high capacity as well! :)
(over 1,100 pph)
As cool as a ride like this would be, it seems to have far too big of a footprint and looks to potentially be too tall for FV. Also, I feel like drayton manor would have some quarrels with the ride in that concept art being called "stormforce 20" (I'm joking)

Killer image for a Top Spin, you say?

Visit-Germany-Are-You-Brave-Enough-To-Take-The-Talocan-Ride-Video.jpg

It's also one of the most shared "Have you seen this crazy ride?!?! Would you DARE to go on it?!?!" videos on social media; I've lost count of the amount of times friends have tagged me in videos of it and their jaws drop when I say I've been on it. It would do Towers a world of wonders.

I think part of what makes it look so terifying is the themeing and effects. Strip it bare and people would say things like "oh that looks rubish" or "that doesn't look fun". If Towers got one themed as well as Talocan the public would go wild.

Alton would never add a flat ride themed like that, but even with half the theming such a ride would be a good spectacle.

Alton would never add a flat ride themed like that, but even with half the theming such a ride would be a good spectacle.

I'm sceptical that, in the current format, we won't be seeing any new flats outside of CBeebies Land in the near future.

:(

I could see a different topspin added if they went down the marketing route of when thorpe added 'the power of three'. It was less individually focused and more 3 new thrill rides (zodiac, vortex and detonator). So maybe towers should look into adding 3 rides as opposed to 1? Magic carpets and rides on that scale (zodiac is an old traveling fair ride) cant be out of the budget surley? Maybe have a year of loads of new low coat experiences across a range of ages to bring a wide variety of intrest?

The way towers is and is heading i cant aee it here in a decade.

That's 3 extra staff they'd have to hire at least though!

Joking aside. I could go with that. A new flat for Ripsaw, something to replace submission and event a revamped Wave swinger. I stil doubt it's enough for marketing though. They will be wanting big new areas or world firsts.

Rename and reopen all the closed rides as new with the most minor of changes and a new name. That's 3 new rides. (Wonka Factory - with VR, Aliens:Underground, Shroom Swingers).

Then whack in four flats (one in CCL, dark forest, forbidden valley and x-sector).

7 new rides!

Then open three other "attractions" (new statue in haunted hollow, new water show on the lake, new yellow blob you can climb on in ceebebies).

10 new attractions! World's first, ground breaking, most rapid expansion of any not-new park in the UK dedicated to new things ever!

A new Top Spin and/or other flat rides might be difficult to market and they might not see a direct return but how about seeing a return in increased visitor numbers because of a decent, plentiful attraction lineup?

Crazy talk.

So Thorpe have announced a 10am-10pm day on the 19th May to celebrate summer opening

Meanwhile at Towers they haven’t even realeased normal opening times that far yet.

:(

If Thorpe can do it why can’t Towers
Isn’t Thorpe’s new day an apology day for The Walking Dead ride not being available on the special pass holders preview day?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.