• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Most of my customers pay me in cash.
I prefer to simply spend the money in my wallet, rather than do a needless trip into town, which costs me money, pay to park, then queue up at the bank to pay in .
A wasted couple of hours...or simply, pay in cash!
I am not yet over 90.
I commit no fraud.
I am not a drug dealer.
I am a tradesman, but I do not dodge my taxes.
Edit...Two of my customers are over 90, but as far as I'm aware, none are fraudsters, drug dealers, or tax dodging tradesmen, though I will be careful to check their backgrounds in future.
They simply prefer to use cash.
Only one customer prefers to pay me directly into my bank account, and that is absolutely fine.
I even accept cheques, usually two a month, and that is fine too.
Is there not a Post Office which would be more convenient?

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

If you want to queue for half an hour behind people posting 20 different ebay items...yes.
I have seen three local post offices close round here in the last decade.

In terms of how the rides were running today based on my experience:
Smiler- killed my shoulders unfortunately, wasn't the best ride
Oblivion- This rides the same every time, there's never a problem
Rita- pretty smooth but the restraints do dig into your legs
Th13teen- Always found this one a bit meh. It was Ok I guess
Nemesis- First time in ages on the front row for me, beautifully smooth at the front and the view makes a big difference to the experience
Galactica- smooth as always but with all flying coasters not the most comfortable
Wicker man- First time ever on the very back row on my 3rd go. Was slightly disappointed as I felt bizarrely enough that my ride on row 4 just before felt much faster. But in all my rides on it were much smoother and it was running the best it's been in a while

I agree with all of that, it was the generalisation that only the old and criminals use cash these days that I was challenging.
Oversimplification of the facts, the statement made was simply not true.
And far more tax is dodged through electronic means than the cash economy.
To clarify my position, my tongue was firmly in my cheek my friend. But if you wanted to sell me some drugs

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Nitrogenie has left Towers by the looks of it:

And as if to prove my point in another thread about slapping vinyls on absolutely everything to theme/disguise things that have closed down, they put one of the very worst I have seen on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoke to guest services today about the season pass being a friend situation.

They informed me that when pre booking your season pass slot, select up to 5 tickets for friends you intend to bring along for the date of your visit.

On the day go to the ticket desks with the print outs and your pass, pay at the desk and then you’ll get your friends ticket for entry.

Nitrogenie has left Towers by the looks of it:

And as if to prove my point in another thread about slapping vinyls on absolutely everything to theme/disguise things that have closed down, they put one of the very worst I have seen on there.

Yep they have tried to put themed/funny signage up, whereas it would have been better to brand it as an ice cream place ready for the summer. I get they don't need so much ice cream for sale at this time of year, its not a huge surprise that Nitrogenie struggled to be honest, premium ice cream probably isn't wanted all year. But they could offer Ben & Jerry's here May through August maybe?

Unless I have been going at the wrong time of year, I have never seen that stand open, I thought Nitrogenie stopped years ago and they just hadn't covered it

Unless I have been going at the wrong time of year, I have never seen that stand open, I thought Nitrogenie stopped years ago and they just hadn't covered it
Thorpe have also got rid of Nitrogenie, but they have kept the unit and machinery and are reopening it with their own brand.

The front doesn't look too bad in the photo, but then I didn't think the Dungeon facade looked as bad until I saw the visual car crash for myself in the flesh. The ghosts on the side look like they belong at a pre school Halloween party and they didn't even bother cleaning the roof.

The real tragedy is the fact that Towers had to call their friends down the road in Leek in the first place to try and hide YET ANOTHER closed outlet. It must be almost as much effort to hide the dilapidation in parts of the park as it was to keep everything open.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.