• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yeah, The Smiler's queue can often be less than 30 minutes after ride close, even when it's busy, as it does move a lot faster, as has been stated.

The problem with Nemesis/Galactica ERT is that it is of little benefit to families with younger children, who make up a large chunk of hotel guests.

Yes this is true, I was just looking at it as they are easier to keep open due to the location of RCR and the exit gates there.

They could offer a CBeebies ERT in the morning as well or something like that of course.

But without any ERT, the only selling point of the hotels is location really.

you guys queue for rides? The trick is to wear a high vis and AT jacket and say 'Sorry guys, staff'

I hope they have cleared up the Th13teen queue line, when I went last year there was graffiti and people snapchat names all over it

I guarantee within a few weeks there will be Snapchat names and Instagram handles graffitied in Rita and Thirteen's queuelines again. They could clean them up every day, and there'd still be more to do at the end of the next day. I'll never understand why people feel the need to graffiti in the queue lines.

I guarantee within a few weeks there will be Snapchat names and Instagram handles graffitied in Rita and Thirteen's queuelines again. They could clean them up every day, and there'd still be more to do at the end of the next day. I'll never understand why people feel the need to graffiti in the queue lines.
Yeah it's atrocious. Would anti-graffiti paint work?

I used to find ERT as a hotel guest very beneficial and I think that was down to the way they ran it.

It was almost a themed experience. You'd go to the ATH atrium where there'd be an actor (dressed in a cloak/rags??) stood on the ship talking about Nemesis, roughly based on the 'story'. Then another actor dressed as a mad scientist would take over to talk about Air... I forget in what context... then guests would be taken to the woodland walk entrance on towards the park.

It was done early enough that by the time you reached Forbidden Valley you could take full advantage of the whole 30mins (I'm presuming it was 30mins back then) plus however long it took guests arriving at Towers Street to trickle that way.

I know it's not been done like that for years but it's a shame they're canning it completely.

Am I right in remembering that ERT was formerly an hour? I feel like you used to get an hour, and then it got reduced to 30 minutes. Although I could be imagining that…

To be honest, though, I agree with some others; I’d personally take longer hours for everyone over a perk for a percentage of guests. Besides, even the hotel guests benefit, because every attraction in the park is open for the longer full day hours, whereas ERT only offered a limited selection.

I used to find ERT as a hotel guest very beneficial and I think that was down to the way they ran it.

It was almost a themed experience. You'd go to the ATH atrium where there'd be an actor (dressed in a cloak/rags??) stood on the ship talking about Nemesis, roughly based on the 'story'. Then another actor dressed as a mad scientist would take over to talk about Air... I forget in what context... then guests would be taken to the woodland walk entrance on towards the park.

It was done early enough that by the time you reached Forbidden Valley you could take full advantage of the whole 30mins (I'm presuming it was 30mins back then) plus however long it took guests arriving at Towers Street to trickle that way.

I know it's not been done like that for years but it's a shame they're canning it completely.
I don't think the guided entrance along the woodland walk has been done in many many years.
Woodland walk was closed while CBeebies Hotel was built, which opened in 2017. I think it is now accesible again, but hotel guests are encouraged to use the Galactica gates.

I'm not sure how much people want that sort of "redcoat" type of welcome anymore or if guests prefer just to make their own way. I agree though that there was more of a focus of the AT Hotel being a special experiance back 15-20 years.

Rather than rush to get some rides open for 9:30, I'd go for staggered opening (some controversy right there) and a guaranteed 10 -18 day. MB, CBB, Spinball and X Sector at 10, KC, GW, WW and DF at 10:15 -10:30 FV, GW water rides and Skyride at 10:30-11. Not ideal, but if cost is an issue I'd still be happier with this knowing I'd have a good 8 hours in the park. Less than 7/8 hours is hardly a "day" out in "Britain's Greatest Escape".

ERT was only really worthwhile on busy days and as a way of bulking up the pathic opening hours a few years back. Since they're extending to decent hours these days anyway, it doesn't really seem that worth it if it is a case of a choice between the 2.

Does anyone know if tomorrow is a buy out day? I know Sunday is but just wondering if there's one tomorrow as well?

Park usually runs a pair of buyout weekends but I imagine post pandemic it might be a bit hard for companies to justify it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.