• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are they worth it? It depends what you want to get out of them. If you're wanting to experience something out of Halloween, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then you'll be disappointed. If you're after something more like Woman In Black - ie spooky stories with some amazing sets, actors and some jump scares, then you'll love them.

Times and queues: Book them early in the day just after they open - there'll be queues on the day you want to go, but you'll get them done all within the 2hrs allowed if you do them early enough. And there is always leeway - if the maze hosts know it's busy and people are struggling to get round them in the time allowed, they'll be relaxed about it. They are all inside so it being daylight outside won't make any difference to the experience. And doing them within the first hour of opening means you should get a full compliment of actors in each maze as it won't be time for their tea breaks!
Cool, thanks - we did Break out at Bozos or whatever in the summer at Thorpe and we don't need much more than that to be fair. No MAP discounts then?

Many thanks Steve - very helpful - we have Gold Pass - I'll have to work my way through the joys of the Merlin app to find the best way to book!!
No worries. The website is better
Just click on any of the Book Now buttons on the mazes and it'll take you to the page I screenshotted.

Also - the park is open 10-9 - does that mean ride queues only close at 9?
Yep, queues close at 9pm. So from personal experience, join the Wicker man queue at 8.55pm to get one of the best rides of the day!

Just bear in mind that the monorail may have closed by the time you get off the last ride (if you join it at 9pm) if the queue is long! But you can still walk up through the park and exit at Galactica - although just as long as the car park walk, it always seems less! I've walked this at about 10pm before and our group were followed by a security van as we walked passed Duel (God rest it) and the path up to Forbidden Valley. We thought they'd stop and tell us to turn around but they didn't!

Yep, queues close at 9pm. So from personal experience, join the Wicker man queue at 8.55pm to get one of the best rides of the day!

Just bear in mind that the monorail may have closed by the time you get off the last ride (if you join it at 9pm) if the queue is long! But you can still walk up through the park and exit at Galactica - although just as long as the car park walk, it always seems less! I've walked this at about 10pm before and our group were followed by a security van as we walked passed Duel (God rest it) and the path up to Forbidden Valley. We thought they'd stop and tell us to turn around but they didn't!
Yep always do Wicker Man last ride of the day if poss - great in the dark and it flies round

Pretty solid day today. The strong winds didn’t happen at all so all the rides stayed open. They really need to sort TH13TEEN out again because for whatever reason it can no longer run in the rain. Wicker Man’s pre show has also not been playing all day, at least not on my 4 rides. The room was just acting as a queue

Looks like tomorrow is Travellers' day at Alton Towers. I was driving through Uttoxeter today and there were LOADS of Police and a large amount of people just hanging about in the streets. Makes sense as its an event at the Racecourse tomorrow.

Was good to see yesterday staff going round all day adding the coloured gels to all of the temporary lighting across the park, as during Oktoberfest they have all been white.

Why we don’t have proper permanent lighting I’ll never know, but hey that’s been talked about for as long as we’ve been a forum 😂

Looks like tomorrow is Travellers' day at Alton Towers. I was driving through Uttoxeter today and there were LOADS of Police and a large amount of people just hanging about in the streets. Makes sense as its an event at the Racecourse tomorrow.
I was there today and it wasn't Traveller's day as far as i could see.

No airport style security and Oktoberfest's stalls were still selling Spaten.

Good job too, if i'd seen your post yesterday i wouldn't have gone!

A side note : the crowd predictor showed "Quiet" today, but it's actually been quite busy.

I was there today and it wasn't Traveller's day as far as i could see.

No airport style security and Oktoberfest's stalls were still selling Spaten.

Good job too, if i'd seen your post yesterday i wouldn't have gone!

A side note : the crowd predictor showed "Quiet" today, but it's actually been quite busy.
I'm glad you didn't see my misleading post. Gladly proven wrong. ☺️.

I could see a lot of traffic flooding there and back today, no wonder it was quite busy. Oktoberfest has clearly brought many folk in!

Absolute dream on park today. 10 rides done by 1230 and now enjoying a relaxed lunch in the pizza pasta buffet. Full trip report coming later on!

Not sure what the app is saying (won’t work on my phone without WiFi) but everything is walk on apart from Galactica, which is on 1 station 2 trains and had a 15 minute wait.

Absolute dream on park today. 10 rides done by 1230 and now enjoying a relaxed lunch in the pizza pasta buffet. Full trip report coming later on!

Not sure what the app is saying (won’t work on my phone without WiFi) but everything is walk on apart from Galactica, which is on 1 station 2 trains and had a 15 minute wait.
Agreed was there too. I don't think I waited more than 1min for anything really. Was done by 1pm. Lovely crisp weather also. 👌👌👌.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.