• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well I'm back (please don't kill me I come in peace) and its fair to say I have a few things to talk about regarding todays trip. Yes the park was dead, as expected, and I have to say operations were good on most rides but suspect on the same attractions you'd expect during off peak times *cough cough Oblivion and Galactica*. Smiler was closed for most the morning so it gave me the opportunity to not be boring and keep re riding the same ride until i drive myself insane. So I decided to marathon Nemesis in the rain. And boyyyyyy do I understand now why this ride has such a good reputation. Can't believe I'm saying this but Nemesis was the highlight of the day. It was magical, so so good I can't describe how good it was getting 10 back to back rides on it. Was very smooth too considering the age she is now. Anyway my beloved smiler finally opened and I rushed over to it like an excited school kid. And I can confirm that there's a particular train that is far worse than the other 2. I did it 5 times in a row, middle 3 goes were great and smooth but the first and last go I felt every vibration and rattle you could imagine. Not sure what was going on there. Did Wicker man once and couldn't be bothered to walk back round that long queue line, added to the faff and poor management of the pre show just put me off. A walk on queue ended up still taking nearly 10 mins from handing my bag in to getting on the ride. Rita was brilliant in the rain and wasn't as painful as I expected. Overall a quiet towers is a very pleasant experience and I really do appreciate the park being so close to me.

Good day today! Fairly quiet, even the Smiler had only a 5 minute queue at lunchtime.

Nemesis on one train, which meant it had a 15 minute queue at one point.

Wicker Man late to open, and it was only on two trains. Can i whinge about the pre show please? Took about 10 minutes to get from the baggage hold to actually having a ride. Just missed a preshow- the door shut as i rushed towards it. So had to wait for a cycle. But the queue for the ride was snaking bacl to the preshow room, so the door couldn't be closed until it had gone, which led to a rather long wait until the preshow could start again.

Then, because it was only on two trains, it took me a long time to get from the preshow and onto the ride.

The 45 minute queuetime was accurate, until the baggage hold - it as 55 minutes until i actually got on the ride.

i, for one, don't mind those days when they miss out the pre show.

On a side note i put aside my usual aversion to flatrides and did funk n fly and Spinjam - and enjoyed them both

We were also there today, re wickerman we skip the pre show as my kids hate it but it still takes just as long to get through. The ride was a walk on otherwise, just takes so long to get round the queue.
Smiler was a walk on most of the afternoon, as was Rita.
First time I’ve been on the rapids in years, reading on here I knew what to expect but it still made me so sad to see what it has become

You wouldn't have got on the ride any quicker if you hadn't experienced the preshow though. According to your own account there was still a wait when you entered the station.
While that's true, it's very frustrating having the continual shuffle of a queue replaced by having a complete stop twice, once outside the doors and once in the room,

Looks like towers have put no effort into lighting for scarefest this year. No themed lighting on nemesis or WM. Just boring bland bright white lights that completely ruin any sense of a night ride experience. Very disappointed.

There was a little red glow over a small part of nemesis. One half of smiler was banked in flood lights, the other mostly dark. Oblivion had tinge of orange, rita was flood lit, 13 was thankfully all black in the woods.

When I say floodlights I refer to the permanent ones that are always there not the wheeled in generator ones.

Morning all, making 4th visit this coming Sunday. Taking a picnic lunch, but going to eat tea on park, just wondering best place to eat, have a Gold Pass so will get discount. Two kids not fussy eaters.

We had a chicken share box at just chicken. £20 for 4 fries, 4 drinks, 2 sides and a lot of boneless chicken. It's £25 without pass discount

We had a chicken share box at just chicken. £20 for 4 fries, 4 drinks, 2 sides and a lot of boneless chicken. It's £25 without pass discount
Was it spicy for you? I went there for the first time on Saturday and had a boneless meal, but couldn't finish all the chicken as it was unexpectedly spicy.

Heading to the Park this weekend and my partner's vegetarian. Any recommendations for good places to eat with that criteria?

Also noticed the weather forecast is for rain on the Saturday - selfishly hoping that keeps the crowds down a bit...

Heading to the Park this weekend and my partner's vegetarian. Any recommendations for good places to eat with that criteria?

Also noticed the weather forecast is for rain on the Saturday - selfishly hoping that keeps the crowds down a bit...

If they like burgers then the one at Woodcutters is pretty good.

Otherwise I'd probably just get a sandwich / wrap from one of the coffee shops (Corner Coffee on Towers Street or the Coffee Lounge next to Nemesis)

Pizza buffet is also an option but not one I'd recommend in terms of quality. Filling though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.