• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

So the only thing that dragged @Craig from O’Mackeys (being closed) is now not a thing, he ain’t going to get a single ride done 😂
Add whiskey tasting to the list now Dave, expensive trip these days :D

Glad they're setting expectations now though, it's certainly in a better position than it was a couple of years ago.

I agree with Rob though, I really hope that they work on getting the hotel bar opening sorted. That was painful over winter with the outdoor areas out of use.

Add whiskey tasting to the list now Dave, expensive trip these days :D

Glad they're setting expectations now though, it's certainly in a better position than it was a couple of years ago.

I agree with Rob though, I really hope that they work on getting the hotel bar opening sorted. That was painful over winter with the outdoor areas out of use.

Whiskey tasting….

Ok I’m not doing any rides

Excellent to see the opening hours return. It’s been so frustrating basically having to guess whether certain outlets will be open over the last few years.

I see Bodega has reinstated its opening pattern from pre-Covid, but alas nothing specific for Crocodile Bar still…

Had an email through today about the 2024 season, nothing much we didn’t already know, however this did catch my eye

Shopping enthusiasts can find great souvenirs at the new PUMA store next to Silver Star or at the dm family & friends store
Don’t know if the puma store is replacing the Silver Star shop or if it’s going elsewhere. No idea what the DM family and friends store is or where that’s located.

The latest video from EP on Instagram talks about the new entrance with the Turnstyles being moved.

It says they have doubled the amount with 24 turnstyles now and 4 pay kiosks. They’ve also added a giant screen which is 45 M long above the new entrance.

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4VwMcrsJ3R/?igsh=MWo0eWtqdnJnYzY3cw==

Good to see they're addressing the current state where it switches from turnstyles to ticket kiosk depending on time of day/what day it is! Much more understandable for visitors now!

I can imagine the LED boards will be put to good use, conveying the truly important information to guests

Untitled-2.png

2024’s shows have now been released. There’s not a great deal of significant change from last year. A quick summary: -

- The Spanish arena show remains as Return of the Sultan. I think this is now its third year

- The ice show unsurprisingly sees a Voltron overlay, with it being named Energ’Ice this season.

- Vincent Vignaud returns to the EP Teatro.

- The Globe sees the imaginatively titled Funny Library 2 as a sequel to Funny Library.

- The puppet show, bubble show, parade, diving and flamenco show don’t appear to be any different to last year’s presentations.

- The same films remain in the Magic Cinema.

There are also some interesting bits of information on the website for the 2024 season which I don’t think we’ve had sight of yet: -

- The Litill Island water playground between Whale Adventures and Atlantica is being advertised as “new opening for 2024”. I know there was some significant work refurbishing the area over the winter season, so I’m assuming that it has been more than just cleaned up and we’ll perhaps see some new features added.

- Fjord Restaurant and Fiskehuset are both advertised as new, despite obviously being with us since the rebuild (and before). It appears there’s now some celebrity chef involvement. Here’s a little blurb from the restaurant page.

“Scandinavian Family-Time by Brian Bojsen

Welcome to Fjord Restaurant - the place where family, flavour and Scandinavian food culture meet in a modern way! Our recipes come straight from the kitchen of renowned TV chef Brian Bojsen! With passion and creativity, Brian has reinterpreted modern dishes in a Scandinavian way and created a unique selection of dishes for the Fjord Restaurant.

Brian's creative touch, paired with our high-quality ingredients, makes every visit to the Fjord Restaurant a special treat. The fried fish, crispy yet tender, is a highlight for fish lovers, while the Scandinavian meat dishes, from hearty to refined, promise a flavour explosion that the whole family will enjoy! Freshly baked sheet cakes, golden brown and with a moist filling, are simply heavenly. And uniquely delicious cinnamon buns that will make your mouth water - irresistible!

- Somebody mentioned about a new Puma store a while back and that seems to be confirmed too:

“NEW: PUMA STORE X Silver Star

Ultimate style meets the ultimate adrenaline rush - or simply: PUMA STORE X Silver Star. In addition to the official PUMA motorsport collection, you will also find merchandise relating to one of the highest steel rollercoasters in Europe: shirts, caps and much more - everything to make a fan's hearts beat faster.”

I’m guessing it will go where the current Silver Star shop is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see that Vincent Vignaud is returning, his show last year was spectacular. Looks like he has a new show for this season, Misterio:

Interesting that Brian Bojsen is now involved in the menu of Fjord Restaurant; it makes more sense than him doing a menu for Spices as he was over Winter! Hopefully the meatballs are still on the menu.

Good to see that Vincent Vignaud is returning, his show last year was spectacular. Looks like he has a new show for this season, Misterio:

Interesting that Brian Bojsen is now involved in the menu of Fjord Restaurant; it makes more sense than him doing a menu for Spices as he was over Winter! Hopefully the meatballs are still on the menu.

BIG BRIAN BOJSEN'S BALLS.

Just €13.

Somehow this has slipped under the radar, but we seem to have a new style of Ed and Edda for 2024.

1710414413003.png

Previous incarnation:
1710414506200.jpeg

I’m really not a fan…! Why do they feel the need to tinker?! Knowing EP there’ll be no mascot brand standards, so hopefully on park they won’t change too much, but still. I just don’t really get it!

Last edited:
I really don't like these new designs and I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing the updated costumes, statues or merch. Ed and Edda were absolutely fine the way they were.

I’m sorry to say it, as I know it’s ultimately a very minor matter, but… oh dear, I’m not a fan of that new design at all.

I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but I find something about that new design a bit creepy compared to the old one… the old design of Ed and Edda Euromaus looks quite friendly and fun, whereas I’m not sure on this new one at all.

Perhaps it is just a matter of needing to get used to it, but as a first impression, I’m not convinced by that, if I’m being honest.

I think the previous incarnation of Ed looked a lot cuter than this new version. I don't know why I thought she was called Edna 😂🤣

These additional images were also uploaded by Mack Media an hour ago:

1710415970931.png

1710416039887.png