• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Rulantica General Discussion

IanB

TS Member
AstroDan 2023 Rulantica General Discussion topic

Welcome - please discuss all general Rulantica things right here. For the new 2023 attractions, please click here.

Original post from IanB
Looks like a puppet show is currently being put on at Rulantica, see link below:

Rulantica Puppet Show

I wonder if this is just while Europa is closed, or something that will continue in the future? Certainly adds something extra to do during the day, and keep the kids distracted after eating lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this is a way to provide continuos work for the puppeteers as long as the park is closed. In February I saw them in restaurant Bubba Svens in Hotel Kronasar, too.

They certainly seem to split them across the resort. We’ve seen them at Solver Lake a couple of times too. Their show is always charming and pretty funny too.

Looks like the Komfort Hydda's have got an upgrade for 2023 with the new Hydda Loft. When we had the Komfort Hydda last year, I think there was only two other families using them, so it feels very over the top, but the additional toilets will make it less of a distance to walk, not that it was really a major issue. Maybe on busy days it will give people more space, but just feels like a very random addition. Price has gone up by €20 from last year. So taking the Rulantica ticket out, it still works out at £310 for the day, so this new addition does make it better value.

From Instagram:

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CryMyhZoFra/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have done the yacht outside and it subsequently started raining so we were moved to a hydda.

On our last trip we did the Hygge sofa.

I would recommend the Hygge sofa over everything for value for money. It’s so calm and peaceful with its own dedicated bar and toilets. It’s also a fraction of the price. It also has an outdoor seating area.

The yacht was lovely, don’t get me wrong but I think the Hygge sofa is a firm winner for comfort options. Obviously dependant on group size, I was just with the wife.

It is surprising how many premium options they seem to already have and also continue to add to. I’ve seen there’s often a few people using them, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them all full.

Must be a big revenue generator, but I’ll admit it never felt quite right to me when the main park feels so egalitarian.

I'd imagine the margins on the premium options are rather large, so not selling them out every day is no issue at all. And if they're not being used, cost is likely to be minimal.

I don't have any issue with them. There may not be many premium pay extra options in Europa-Park but just look at all of the hotels and the vast array of suites in them. Or the various packages they do for events such as NYE and Oktoberfest. They love giving the VIP experience to those who are willing and able to pay it.

Oh I’m sure they make loadsa money from them, but events and upgraded room options in hotels are par for the course and much less visible to other guests.

Disney, world-leaders in squeezing out every penny, have two different options for private areas at their water parks. By contrast, Rulantica has at least 12 different categories of exclusive areas and they’re very visible to say guests.

Twelve!

I'd imagine the margins on the premium options are rather large, so not selling them out every day is no issue at all. And if they're not being used, cost is likely to be minimal.
That was the point I was trying to make, they Hydda Loft is going to reduce that margin, but I guess in the grand scheme of things, the new area needs heating anyway, and the sauna probably has a lower power mode when not in use.

I would imagine the Disney water parks would probably be designed very differently if they were built today. I might be wrong though, Volcano Bay does not really seem to have many options either.

Maybe it is the family touch, that show room experience. The Macks invite you to Rulantica for the day, and you dont get treated to a Cabana which every other water park has, but you get the spend the day in a Yacht. Its going to leave a positive and different memory.

I think the Rulantica website, while not perfect, is significantly better than Siam Park or Volcano Bay for showing off the "unforgettable stay" experiences. The Disney World web site is okay, but those experiences are thin on the ground like Venny mentions.

These experiences dont have a major impact on other guests at the Water Park, and unless you going looking for things like the Yachts, you would probably never see them.

Reactions: Rob
I have done the yacht outside and it subsequently started raining so we were moved to a hydda.

On our last trip we did the Hygge sofa.

I would recommend the Hygge sofa over everything for value for money. It’s so calm and peaceful with its own dedicated bar and toilets. It’s also a fraction of the price. It also has an outdoor seating area.

The yacht was lovely, don’t get me wrong but I think the Hygge sofa is a firm winner for comfort options. Obviously dependant on group size, I was just with the wife.
I agree re: sofa. I had one and felt it was great value.

One major issue at Rulantica on opening was the entire lack of these spaces vs. other major German waterparks.

Glad it's been addressed!

Not sure if accidental or a new policy has been introduced discreetly, but I've been granted free acces to Hyggedal by using my resort pass today.

What would people say was the best sofa to order - is one sofa for one or two people - do you need a Rulantica ticket with a sofa?

The website will usually tell you what type of entrance is included and for how many people. Typically a normal sofa will accommodate two people comfortably, larger private areas obviously accommodate more.

We visited Rulantica last Wednesdays (31st May) and spent 12 hours there, which felt like 5 minutes. The new area is massive, increasing the number of loungers by a significant amount. The water park was a lot busier than last year as well, with the bigger rides getting up to 20 minute queues, but again, we did everything we wanted to, and got numerous re-rides.

We stopped in the Komfort Hydda's Odin 2 again, and the Hydda Loft is an excellent edition. It does feel like there is two levels of Komfort Hydda's now, as the early ones do not have any windows, while the ones at the end do. I did not realise that the Hydda Loft was an additional construction project to the other new areas, and while it was finished inside, the outside was still being finished.

The new area is a lot cooler than the main Komfort Hydda's which makes it nice to just go and have a lay down in if the main area is to hot, and the free drinking water is also really good. You get four bottles free, and we just refilled these throughout the day. The toilets are also air conditioned, and being within the area make it less of a trek than before, and the kids could go by themselves.

The other change, is there is a new guest experience area, which you go to after checking in, and they then take you to the Komfort Hydda.

The new Vikingløp were a lot faster than I was expected, but really good fun. The straight bits where you can see each other are good but to short. I would give Annabelle a few seconds head start, so I could try and catch her up. I understand why they have the age limit as 10+ as it does go quite fast and you get a lot of water splashed up, so even though Daisy was above the height limit, it was not something I would feel comfortable with her going on.

Tønnevirvel is also a great little ride, but take googles as you will get splashed a lot. Whether on the ride or watching, it is lots of fun. Quite a clever ride system which rises up and down to get in to the water. It does not spin so fast that you feel sick, but enough to make it fun. I think I had to much fun on this ride getting Lisa and Annabelle.

Has anybody else ever noticed hornets at Rulantica? It is deeply unpleasant as you sip a goblet of wine at Frigg Tempel, only for a large winged beast to appear and dance across the water.

Quite unsettling.

Has anybody else ever noticed hornets at Rulantica? It is deeply unpleasant as you sip a goblet of wine at Frigg Tempel, only for a large winged beast to appear and dance across the water.

Quite unsettling.
Crikey, I'd run a mile if I saw one of those!