• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Rulantica General Discussion

Hi, were thinking about visiting as part of a stay at Europa Park. Does anyone know if Rulantica would be completely unsuitable for children age 10 and 7 that cant swim? Do they provide life vests and do you know if they can be worn on the slides like at center parcs?

Thanks in advance guys

They do provide life vests and there’s definitely shallower pools and attractions that could be enjoyed. Svalgurok is ideal as it’s all shallow, plus there’s the twist n splash, the lazy river, shallower parts of the wave pool etc.

Quick Rulantica question:

Are phones in a waterproof (lanyard or armband pouch thing) acceptable and can that be worn during the slides and swimming.

I wish to take photos of the waterpark itself and not sure how easily accessible a locker will be during the visit?

Also will a moonlight ticket be enough time to experience Rulantica? Is the outdoor section and the water tea cup ride be open at that time?

Anyone also have a list of "Must Ride", "Ok if time allows", and "Don't bother with" attractions at Rulantica?

Quick Rulantica question:

Are phones in a waterproof (lanyard or armband pouch thing) acceptable and can that be worn during the slides and swimming.

I wish to take photos of the waterpark itself and not sure how easily accessible a locker will be during the visit?

Also will a moonlight ticket be enough time to experience Rulantica? Is the outdoor section and the water tea cup ride be open at that time?

Anyone also have a list of "Must Ride", "Ok if time allows", and "Don't bother with" attractions at Rulantica?
I don't know about on the slides (I'd suspect not) but phone are permitted in the pools (you see quite a few people with them in lanyard pouches).

It would depend on where your locker is as to how accessible it is going to be. Lockers in the ground floor changing rooms are fairly accessible, the ones on the upper floor are less accessible.

I'd personally advise against a moonlight ticket and go for a whole day. There is a lot to experience and it can get busy, so having the whole day means you will not feel like you've got to rush around. Tønnevirvel (the teacup style water ride) is open all day, Svalgurok (the outdoor slide complex) is open all day between May and September, and may have limited opening hours as early as March or late as October depending on the weather (it was open until 6pm when I was there in October).

As for must rides, nothing is incredible but I would probably say my favourites are Stormvind, Vildstrøm, Hugin and Munin, Vikingløp and Svalgurok (as these smaller slides don't really have queues so you can just run around and have a laugh).

3.16. All visitors are required to dress properly and appropriately. Nudity is not permitted, even with respect to small children. Suitable swimwear must be worn in the pools and attractions. Suitable swimwear includes swimming trunks and bathing shorts, swimsuits, bikinis, tankinis and burkinis. Swim nappies and swim pants are explicitly permitted for children. Swimwear must not be made from non-absorbent material. Wet areas must not be accessed if you are wearing street shoes.

In other words, usual swim shorts are fine.

3.16. All visitors are required to dress properly and appropriately. Nudity is not permitted, even with respect to small children. Suitable swimwear must be worn in the pools and attractions. Suitable swimwear includes swimming trunks and bathing shorts, swimsuits, bikinis, tankinis and burkinis. Swim nappies and swim pants are explicitly permitted for children. Swimwear must not be made from non-absorbent material. Wet areas must not be accessed if you are wearing street shoes.

In other words, usual swim shorts are fine.
Although "swim shorts" and burkinis aren't permitted on the trapdoor slides for safety reasons, according to the slides' webpages.

Hi All,

Have been to Rulantica last year and really enjoyed it and looking to add a little bit of luxury to our visit this year.

Anyone have any recommendations for a family of three and any of the sofa or hut options?

I highly recommend the Komfort Hyddas, you can see my review of them here:

They may seem a little pricey (€350 for the day, or as I like to tell myself, €6.73 per person per hour) but if you spend the whole day in Rulantica they are worth it. Just little things like being able to chill out in the Hydda while you wait for your food to be delivered makes it a more relaxing experience. They have added an extra area for the Komfort Hyddas as well now, so you also get a nice air conditioned area, which has complimentary cold water, sauna and shower area.

I highly recommend the Komfort Hyddas, you can see my review of them here:

They may seem a little pricey (€350 for the day, or as I like to tell myself, €6.73 per person per hour) but if you spend the whole day in Rulantica they are worth it. Just little things like being able to chill out in the Hydda while you wait for your food to be delivered makes it a more relaxing experience. They have added an extra area for the Komfort Hyddas as well now, so you also get a nice air conditioned area, which has complimentary cold water, sauna and shower area.
Thanks for that Ian much appreciated seems that is the way to go.

Question about the Hyggedel area.

I know the sauna i these areas are 'textile free' which I interpret as naked - but in the marketing material you have pictures of both genders wearing towels

As an awkwardness averse Brit not used to this - can someone illustrate a bit more on what to expect? - can you wear towels to preserve your modesty inside these facilities? does it mean you'll see naked people of both genders walking around in the buff?

Especially if you're going with a mixed friendship group - where you don't know each other THAT well - is it best to avoid?

I've not done the saunas before, but yes, you can protect your modesty in these areas with a towel. And depending on how busy they are, there is every chance that you will see others in the buff. The Germans are generally quite comfortable when it comes to this!