• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Rulantica General Discussion

Don't worry, they are not aggressive like wasps. Just ignore them and they will ignore you. We have them in the garden, no problem. Wasps on the other hand are a nuisance.

Not sure if this'll prove a popular addition with guests (I'm not 100% comfortable using a SRQ on a ride with 2 across trains never mind a waterslide) but it could solve their awkward "even numbered groups only" problem.

I don't think it'll make a major difference to queue times and if more than a handful of people try to use it they'll be waiting absolutely ages. Ideally they could do with finding a way of running both the biggest slides slightly closer to their theoretical capacity - currently it seems there's often quite a long time between the traffic light turning green and a raft/tube being launched.

I know when I was there I was chatting to a woman who couldn’t go on the large slides as she was on her own (well who she was with wasn’t riding slides). And I imagine you probably get others like that, as well as groups of 3 who can’t ride together. And would mean having to go as a 2 and then someone sits out.

I see the weight restrictions being an issue. The best scenario for reducing wait times is groups of 3 being bumped up to 4. But whilst I was there a lot of the groups of 4 were being split into 2s anyway due to the weight restrictions.
A heavy single rider can only be paired with another single rider, or a group of 3 being split into 2 2s.
Therfore this is more an inclusion situation to allow people by themselves to ride, rather than a serious way to reduce wait times.

Still I think it's a good idea to at least trial this.

I know when I was there I was chatting to a woman who couldn’t go on the large slides as she was on her own (well who she was with wasn’t riding slides). And I imagine you probably get others like that, as well as groups of 3 who can’t ride together. And would mean having to go as a 2 and then someone sits out.
When we went for the first time last year as a group of 3 we had to do 2 of us went first then one of us had to climb the wetherspoons stairs to the top and ride again with the other left standing up there.

It’s generally a problem with these type of slides and not just at EP, they often seat 4 or 5, but often you’ll only get 2 or 3 adults on them cause of the weight issues. Feels like a slight design flaw with them.

I always found it quite remarkable that they installed slides which were so restrictive operation-wise. It’s a curious choice, especially knowing Europa’s focus on ride operations and them touting the extensive experience of Chip Cleary as consultant throughout the design and build process.

Then again, they installed slippy tiles across half of the waterpark too…

Single Rider isn't a bad idea. I have been many times with my wife and son and haven't been able to ride any of these slides yet due to us being a three. So I welcome it, but yeah, something odd about crossing your legs over with 3 other strangers on a water slide!

On the slides themselves, I do agree some are lousy. I think EP has played it very safe with most of the slides here. Not quite thrilling enough to warrant re-rides and not quite tame enough for young kids. Difficult balance. The outdoor area though is fantastic in the summer.

I think what Rulantica really needs is a stand out, marquee attraction. Either a first of its kind or a record breaker. Everything else is fine, but only fine. Its a stunning water park but it just needs a massive draw and thrill factor attraction IMO.

You mean besides the prototype hidden in Batavia?

I'd like to see one added in the main park, but I don't see it as being the type of ride you are meant to get wet on.
Would be very cool to see a PowerSplash added. Of course that would mean they then have 3 water coasters!

Michael Mack has already confirmed a while ago in one of EP's podcasts the Rocking Boat will come to the main park in future (speculation is Croatia phase 2).

While more ride hardware like a water coaster/rocking boat in Rulantica would be interesting and cool to see - the increased operating and maintenance costs compared to slides, lower visitor numbers compared to a park (just by the size nature of the water park), to increase availability you'd probably build it indoors which will cost even more, etc. - it probably won't happen unless Mack are really willing to risk it in my opinion.

There are several hints pointing to a boat dark ride (Miriam Mack in Croatia video on veejoy, ACE book etc), possibly below a new theater location. I expect this to be a Rocking boat ride.

Just back from a wonderful trip to EP and spent an evening at Rulantica. I noticed when arriving at EP via car that a lot of work seemed to be happening on the outside, . Does anyone know what is going on at the moment, if anything? Seemed to be work going on between Svalgurok and the main road into Europa Park.

Nothing has been announced so it remains a mystery for now. My guess is that it is either a back of house building, or a new restaurant facility. I'm hoping the latter, as a wider range of F&B in Rulantica would certainly be welcome.