• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Rulantica General Discussion

You will DEFINITELY see people of all genders in the buff. It's considered completely normal and nonsexualised so the locals are not coy about it.

You can cover up with a towel in the sauna areas but note that you'll need to sit on a towel and possibly put one under your feet as no part of your skin should be in contact with the wood. (You'll be reminded of this if you're not doing it right.) It's also not really possible to wear a towel in the shower area which is communal and towels aren't permitted in the steam room.

I have personally found the "when in Rome" approach to be the most practical, though it has to be said it's always been something I've done as a solo activity than with a big group of friends. There is always next time though!

You can easily enjoy hyggedal without going into the sauna area, and can keep swim gear on in the lounge bit. You can also go out to the outdoor areas in the spa and use the loungers there without having to go fully naked. However to use the sauna and steam room you are required to be nude, with the option of keeping towels around you and having extra towels for feet if required.

Since first venturing into the spas with a few other TST members several years ago, they are now a massive draw to staying in the hotels for me. The sauna activity is second nature to most Germans, so best to keep an open mind if you want to experience it. Just be warned that you may find situations where you cannot preserve your modesty in full.