• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

We’ve now seen some photos from inside the station with its proper themed lighting and everything:

I have to say, I think it looks quite nice with all of the themed lighting and things!

It looks nice, but definitely not "absolutely breathtaking". If that station is breathtaking, then what's WickerMan and Nemesis station because those are far superior! Unless the poster was referring to riding it of course.

Hyperia’s stall looks crazy in the POV, I’m getting Mack goes RMC VIBES from it and some of the other elements such as the bank out of the station. I wasn’t planning on visiting until much later in the season after the summer holidays but this POV has got me reconsidering holding out that long.

Hyperia’s stall looks crazy in the POV, I’m getting Mack goes RMC VIBES from it and some of the other elements such as the bank out of the station. I wasn’t planning on visiting until much later in the season after the summer holidays but this POV has got me reconsidering holding out that long.
I'm not sure to what extent people are trying to avoid spoilers so I'll spoiler tag this next part anyway 😂 *Regarding first ride feedback*

The reviews are coming in thick and fast across socials - naturally, we can expect a press event to be positive heavy but it seems everyone is in agreement that the airtime is impressive throughout, ride experience is comfortable and the outerbank a big hit. A couple in attendance are saying this is easily UKs #1... others going as far as World #1! Tomorrow will be very telling!

Was really nice to see the effort put in to making the launch feel special and exciting - Much like @Shaggy_Dog_ I'm also now considering visiting sooner than planned based on the POV!

It looks nice, but definitely not "absolutely breathtaking". If that station is breathtaking, then what's WickerMan and Nemesis station because those are far superior! Unless the poster was referring to riding it of course.

Seems, a box with some lights, smoke and a projector is enough to floor some people... We certainly wouldn't wanna insinuate that these people are hyping it all up because they got the VIP treatment or anything /s.

155_2024-05-231716486032.670773041081.jpg

Not only have Thorpe Park taken BPB's height record, they seem to have stolen their entertainment department, too. A terrible day for Mandy.

Sincerely, I look forward to riding this in a few months, but I hate the branding, signage and overall style. It's A-level product design level stuff, and indicative of how far the park have to revitalise themselves away from just pleasing bloggers and local AP holders into a 'resort' that can match their return to installing impressive hardware.

Last edited:
For me, I think Shaun from TPWW will probably have the most objective review of the ride tonight. They didn't pull any punches when they did Voltron and I doubt the 'VIP treatment' will bribe them enough to hold back their true opinions. As for the rest of them? I'll hold off until their hype has died down.

For me, I think Shaun from TPWW will probably have the most objective review of the ride tonight. They didn't pull any punches when they did Voltron and I doubt the 'VIP treatment' will bribe them enough to hold back their true opinions. As for the rest of them? I'll hold off until their hype has died down.
Shaun didn't get a VIP invite to Voltron though did he? Then returned a critical review :tearsofjoy:

This is why I've always pushed back against "Hypers aren't normally themed" - most hypers aren't spent entirely next to, or upside down looking down at, the ride area.

The reason this isn't themed, or even well "stylised", is budget, not ride type. And the station, queueline, plaza and ride area just aren't impressing me at all.

I know they're a bit more experienced in this regard, but how have BPB done "style not theme" better than Thorpe with Icon?

And the splashdown trim where all riders see is piping and a concrete trough, and spectators just get a glimpse of water over the cattlepens? What? Why have they paid for this, but not for a properly designed station?

I'm sure I'll enjoy the ride itself, it looks mightily fun, but it's disappointing that a record breaking, interesting bit of hardware has such a depressing setting and lacklustre look.

This is why I've always pushed back against "Hypers aren't normally themed" - most hypers aren't spent entirely next to, or upside down looking down at, the ride area.

The reason this isn't themed, or even well "stylised", is budget, not ride type. And the station, queueline, plaza and ride area just aren't impressing me at all.

I know they're a bit more experienced in this regard, but how have BPB done "style not theme" better than Thorpe with Icon?

And the splashdown trim where all riders see is piping and a concrete trough, and spectators just get a glimpse of water over the cattlepens? What? Why have they paid for this, but not for a properly designed station?
L
Yes, this is bizarre. I suppose it seemed appealing and was due to provide kinetic energy when the area design featured a viewing plaza, which is exactly what this feature is designed for.

Not only have Thorpe Park taken BPB's height record, they seem to have stolen their entertainment department, too. A terrible day for Mandy.

Sincerely, I look forward to riding this in a few months, but I hate the branding, signage and overall style. It's A-level product design level stuff, and indicative of how far the park have to revitalise themselves away from just pleasing bloggers and local AP holders into a 'resort' that can match their return to installing impressive hardware.
Removed your pic so as to not clutter the thread.

I have to agree with you re the branding. I hate it, it's decidedly chavvy, and that music is awful.
These dancers are giving GCSE drama.

I may be a unique case here, but I also think this current obsession with outwardly banked turns are lame an look like a kid designed them in RCT. Same with RMC's "non-inverting" inversions that exit the same way they enter. If they don't go 360 degrees, something about it just irks me.
Toutatis at Parc Asterix does something similar where it overbooks and just goes back for no reason other than to look stupid.