• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Nothing like topical thoosie logistics parts transfer discussions to fill the downtime.
How were the kebabs friends.
All I want to know.
I know the beer is crap, down south...etc.
Don't know about the kebabs but avoid the curry at Spice Kitchen which tasted like a Pot Noodle. Samosas were good though tbf.

Also you can get a pint of Stella there, just by Hyperia which is handy before joining the queue.

1000037061.jpg

A friend worked as a tech for a well known top tech brand.
Fixed tomorrow, worldwide.
Every last time.
No exceptions ever.
Bloody expensive service contract though!

And Stella!
Wife style beer.
Just say no, they made it weaker!!!
Only good with a large shot of sarsaparilla.
Beer mate, not that fizzy clear stuff.
Even that flat southern stuff, but not fizzy fruity cans of flashy pale ale please.
I'm too old, just give me the bottle o dog.

We’ll be able to see work happening as soon as the part is delivered, the question is are they hedging their bets with the Thursday suggestion or is it more a case of anticipating delivery delays.

My thought process being it would be unlikely to manufacture and deliver a brand new part in that timescale, but if the part is ready to go they can give themselves wiggle room to get it installed and tested

Don’t forget, not just talking about part delivery here. If it’s at the top of the lifthill, you’ll need a very large crane to attend to help install, and whilst yes throwing money at the likes of Kings or Lee Lifting will always help with their availability, the bank holiday won’t. Nor the height required.

https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/our-divisions/global-forwarding/same-day.html .

Trust me, this is nothing unusual. Delivery isn't the reason for the delay. (One of JCB's USPs were 48hr replacement parts anywhere in the world. Customers bought JCB just for this reason).
I didn't know dhl offered that, but I would imagine it is extremely expensive, also JCB are differrnt, they sell enough vehicles/objects to probably be able stock spare parts arround the globe, mack only sell a couple rides a year, and most are differnt types of rides meaning differnt parts required

Right.
To be clear here...a stroke of genius.
The broken bit.
Send two parts, not one.
Then it will only shut overnight next time.
Do I win a prize, Mr Merlin?

Don’t forget, not just talking about part delivery here. If it’s at the top of the lifthill, you’ll need a very large crane to attend to help install, and whilst yes throwing money at the likes of Kings or Lee Lifting will always help with their availability, the bank holiday won’t. Nor the height required.
good point, didn't think about the logistics of any crane and the fact it is a bank holiday.

Right.
To be clear here...a stroke of genius.
The broken bit.
Send two parts, not one.
Then it will only shut overnight next time.
Do I win a prize, Mr Merlin?
Depends entirely on the cost of the part broken, and the reason for failure lol. If the part costs over £100k say, but likelihood of failure is small, then it doesn’t make business sense to hold that in stock.

This maybe a really stupid question but it got me curious! What would be the deal in terms of a replacement part? Would it be covered by the manufacturer? What about the cost of installing it including a crane etc? Costs for remedial actions such as moving hotel bookings? The list goes on 😆

It’s such a huge purchase I just wondered is it exactly the same as buying something from Argos that’s broken within days of use 🤔😂

This maybe a really stupid question but it got me curious! What would be the deal in terms of a replacement part? Would it be covered by the manufacturer? What about the cost of installing it including a crane etc? Costs for remedial actions such as moving hotel bookings? The list goes on 😆

It’s such a huge purchase I just wondered is it exactly the same as buying something from Argos that’s broken within days of use 🤔😂
The part would almost certainly be covered by the manufacturer, especially as they’ll want to show good will in the situation. Cost of installing it though would sit with the park, as would anything non-ride related like the hotel bookings you mention etc

Don't know about the kebabs but avoid the curry at Spice Kitchen which tasted like a Pot Noodle. Samosas were good though tbf.

Also you can get a pint of Stella there, just by Hyperia which is handy before joining the queue.

1000037061.jpg

I’m sure there’s a ride at Europa that has toilets midway through the queue.

3+ hour waits combined with this photo they’d come in very handy.

A very good point, if it's at the very top won't they need the same huge crane that lifted the crest into place? That was extremely expensive I remember.

Depends entirely on the cost of the part broken, and the reason for failure lol. If the part costs over £100k say, but likelihood of failure is small, then it doesn’t make business sense to hold that in stock.
Do we have to start bringing reality into this so bloody frequently.
We are bored in the queue, have to talk about something...
I think I can hear the finance department crying all the way from Poole.
They deserve it.
They would save on post and packing.
A Stella and a theme park curry before a rollercoaster? I salute your constitution and bravery!
Wuss.
Used to be "king cotton pie and peas", bread and butter, cup of tea, then a couple of pints of flat keg bitter pretending to be cask with a fizz killer, and a fantastic six foot gorilla knocking out the standards on the piano above the bar...a real one mind.
All under the space invader in the rain...
Then all the coasters.
Never a problem on the day, but often a bit of a dicky tummy the next day.
You young 'uns etc...
Why is there an onion on my belt...
Completely off topic of course...
Back to the kebabs.
What is the current standard, quality and range please.
Stuff the coaster, the quality and standard will just have to be acceptable...the food at Thorpe I have always enjoyed.

Last edited:
Cranes are like airplanes. You can get one straight away if you want. (And all of these costs are quite small compared to the loss TP is experiencing right now). First Sunday at half-term and the longest queue is 25 min for Nemesis??? You create a "marketing scenario" where the average customer stays away due to the crowds generated by the "new star attraction", and now the crowds generated by said attraction are also staying away. FUBAR central.