• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Gaps frustrate people, but unnecessarily - as long as the gap doesn't actually reach the point of boarding, the queue time is exactly the same...depending on the location and management of merge points of course!
Yeah people seem to get really wound up by this for some reason. It's actually better because you eventually get to move forward a larger distance instead of a constant Merlin queue crawl.

I Love creating gaps. People a long way behind get excited at the sudden queue movement, and the reality is that it changes nothing.

If I'm in a single lane traffic jam, I'll switch off the engine and wait a few minutes. People behind are horrified that I'm not moving 50m forward to close the gap and sit there idling the engine for the next 5m forward.

I Love creating gaps. People a long way behind get excited at the sudden queue movement, and the reality is that it changes nothing.

If I'm in a single lane traffic jam, I'll switch off the engine and wait a few minutes. People behind are horrified that I'm not moving 50m forward to close the gap and sit there idling the engine for the next 5m forward.
You monster!

My suspicions are somewhat confirmed. One of my friends who went before the stall came off and said how rattlely it was compared to his last ride he went on

My suspicions are somewhat confirmed. One of my friends who went before the stall came off and said how rattlely it was compared to his last ride he went on
Even post-stall, it seems as though there’s a variation between trains/seats, from what I’ve heard; some people are saying they’ve had one ride that was smooth and another that was quite rattly in quick succession.

Finally got my rides on Hyperia, including back row.

Its really a great coaster, it stands out in the U.K. market, and is a great addition to Thorpe’s line up, with a different ride experience than other coasters there

Its still also too short and an unpleasant environment to wait in (especially in todays heat)

It doesn’t crack my top 5

Even post-stall, it seems as though there’s a variation between trains/seats, from what I’ve heard; some people are saying they’ve had one ride that was smooth and another that was quite rattly in quick succession.
To be fair, I have only sat on row 5 and 6, there’s a good chance that I was on the same train. [armchair engineering placeholder] so uhh yeah that’s probably why

There’s a huge gap in the queue where people are just buying ice creams
Ah, this brings back memories of when me and my family went to Chessington back in 2014… we queued around an hour for Vampire, but as it turned out, many in the queue ahead of us were queueing to buy ice cream, and after the queue line shop, we pretty much walked straight into the station!

My dad was incensed that we’d “effectively queued an hour for ice cream”…

Finally got my rides on Hyperia, including back row.

Its really a great coaster, it stands out in the U.K. market, and is a great addition to Thorpe’s line up, with a different ride experience than other coasters there

Its still also too short and an unpleasant environment to wait in (especially in todays heat)

It doesn’t crack my top 5
It was only 20c when I went and it felt 5c hotter. Could it be a combo of resin floor and gold reflecting heat? I think the design is intended to point the lift hill at the sun but that also means everyone in the queue is in direct line of it

It would appear as though Thorpe Park have taken to sending out push notifications, on their app, about delayed openings to Hyperia. I have no idea if this is a one off test, or if it will continue. Also no idea how long it will continue for, if it does, or if it will be expanded to other rides.

What I can see happening though, is another block being added to the various Hyperia updates from excited enthusiasts.

"Hyperia not open yet."
"Have they activated push?"
"No push yet"
"OMG HYPERIA IS CLOSED TODAY!"

"Hyperia late today, no push yet either"

Etc, etc, etc. I hope I'm wrong.

Here's the notification:
1000021163.jpg

I think it’s a good thing tbh - keeping people informed so they can make a choice. Although I got 2 notifications 20 minutes apart and am not visiting today - it’ll get a bit annoying if they’re constant all day even when I’m not there.

Finally heading down over the next few days to ride Hyperia (and mini figure speedway). Hopefully it's a good few days.
A very good afternoon, got to the park for 3pm and got 3 rides in (could've went round again if we wanted) to just before 6pm.

Really good coaster, got rides on rows 10, 9, and 7. Think the stall was my favourite bit.

Looking forward to getting a good few more rides in tomorrow now.

For the hottest day of the year the coaster seemed to be managing perfectly with no noticeable down time.

Can't believe how quiet it is, when in the queue by the maintenance shed if your not watching the thing go round you don't even hear it.