• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

No chance. There is too much work to do to get the ride open for late March. Rides like Nemesis 2.0 and Voltron which we do expect the open for the start of the season are fully built now and ready for testing. I also don't think that Merlin will want to muddy the marketing for relaunched Nemesis by encouraging people to go to Thorpe Park at the same time. Mandrill Mayhem opened in May in good time for the summer season, I expect we will see something similar.

I reckon April/May time would make sense. I can’t imagine that they’re too far off with the track now, and once the track’s complete, testing should only take a month or two.

I reckon April/May time would make sense. I can’t imagine that they’re too far off with the track now, and once the track’s complete, testing should only take a month or two.
As has been said though, before ride testing can begin there'll be electronic testing and stuff first. So I'd say at least a couple of months.

Screenshot_2024-01-05-21-56-16-18_64ef5fc2000c1caa954c114bb372e1d5.jpgPretty cool to note atleast for those who watch them coaster studios has ranked hyperia their #1 most anticipated ride of 2024, this is over the likes of Voltron, top thrill 2 etc.

I will say Americans have always seemed super hyped for this project I've noticed a lot from YouTube, Facebook and Reddit a lot of their hype and expectations for hyperia seem to be a lot more than even a lot of British enthusiasts especially the luke warm response this originally got but now we've all seen this thing going up I feel a lot of that has changed people's minds.

Clearly couldn't be planned but you do think that 2024 is very much the return of the Mack with Hyperia and Voltron the two biggest coasters opening world wide this year.

Sort of a pity we've had a project name and then straight into the name announcement, a missed opportunity for us all to call it the Big Mack.

Clearly couldn't be planned but you do think that 2024 is very much the return of the Mack with Hyperia and Voltron the two biggest coasters opening world wide this year.

Sort of a pity we've had a project name and then straight into the name announcement, a missed opportunity for us all to call it the Big Mack.

When did Mack go away that require a return?

Just because Icon was terrible doesn’t mean the rest of the stuff Mack are building around the world is 😂

RtH was 2021 and is pretty good. Storm Chaser, Icon and T-Rex might be a bit meh but Beyond The Cloud looks pretty damn good along with a few others.

Just seen the perfect explanation for Hyperia... It's what you'd get if Steel Curtain and an RMC had a baby. :p

Just seen the perfect explanation for Hyperia... It's what you'd get if Steel Curtain and an RMC had a baby. :p
See, I increasingly don’t think it’s that similar to Steel Curtain at all other than that it’s another hyper coaster with inversions.

Most of Hyperia’s elements look as though they’ll contain airtime or negative forces of some description, whereas without having ridden it, most of Steel Curtain’s elements look a little more like “conventional” inversions. Hyperia looks to go all in with those RMC-style negative g-based manoeuvres.

Which is why that analogy makes sense it's a hyper coaster that features inversions but the elements are very RMC esque, I really think RMC changed the game and that's why we're seeing even the likes of Mack trying these insane elements that 10 years ago we would have looked at a planet coaster remake of this and laughed.

Gonna start this post with saying monks walk is very... flooded at the moment!

Hyperia is looking great though :)

Looks like work on adding theming to the inside of the station has begun

hyperia7thjan2024-51.jpg

Footers for the last turn have started to be concerted into there final places.

hyperia7thjan2024-42.jpg

Another support for the dive stall and Immelmann is being built

hyperia7thjan2024-28.jpg

I also really like this photo of the final turn <3

hyperia7thjan2024-46.jpg

Some lower sections of track have been installed this week. Nothing crazy to report on.

hyperia7thjan2024-44.jpg

See you next weekend :)

More photos at the normal place if you like looking at mud and metal

Screenshot_2024-01-05-21-56-16-18_64ef5fc2000c1caa954c114bb372e1d5.jpgPretty cool to note atleast for those who watch them coaster studios has ranked hyperia their #1 most anticipated ride of 2024, this is over the likes of Voltron, top thrill 2 etc.

I will say Americans have always seemed super hyped for this project I've noticed a lot from YouTube, Facebook and Reddit a lot of their hype and expectations for hyperia seem to be a lot more than even a lot of British enthusiasts especially the luke warm response this originally got but now we've all seen this thing going up I feel a lot of that has changed people's minds.

I'd imagine most of the Americans haven't scoped through all the planning so just see this as the BIG coaster. It's also a very American style coaster so likely hits all the right buttons there.

Whereas us Brits are miserable and see more of the possible flaws in the layout.

Plus probably people wanting them YouTube clicks and interactions so put the big UK addition first if there's a big number of British based viewers. Also don't think many care for TTD2 as it is just a rehash and having Zamperla attached is cause for concern.

Been watching a few "new for 2024 videos" and I can't help feel the US have a very weak year. Voltron and Hyperia look to be leagues ahead of most the other major coasters on the list. In another year I could see Hyperia getting less attention, but most the other coasters are also short, meaning Hyperia wins with the wow factor.
Also Asia is suspiciously absent from a lot of lists, which either means they really have nothing new (unlikley) or there's a bias towards western parks.

I'd imagine most of the Americans haven't scoped through all the planning so just see this as the BIG coaster. It's also a very American style coaster so likely hits all the right buttons there.

Whereas us Brits are miserable and see more of the possible flaws in the layout.

Plus probably people wanting them YouTube clicks and interactions so put the big UK addition first if there's a big number of British based viewers. Also don't think many care for TTD2 as it is just a rehash and having Zamperla attached is cause for concern.
You see, I’d disagree that the size is the only reason Americans seem to be getting excited about it.

Some of the elements, such as the first drop and overbank into an inversion, seem to be generating real excitement among a lot of enthusiasts, and the overall layout design and pacing also seems to be gaining plaudits from many Americans. It’s very unique, and has some very RMC-esque elements that look like they could ride phenomenally!

Personally, I’d say that the Americans are getting excited about Hyperia because it’s something to be getting excited about! It’s a genuinely unique coaster on the world stage, with some very cutting-edge layout design and awesome elements that look like they could ride very well indeed!

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that Brits seem oddly cynical about Hyperia compared to people from other countries. On here, for instance, people do seem to be very dismissive of the layout and not particularly excited for it at all, whereas excitement for it in more international circles seems to be higher.

As much as I was sceptical to begin with, the layout has definitely won me over, and I think it could really surprise people! Some of those elements look excellent, and the pacing looks absolutely relentless!