• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

You thought you'd seen the end of me. NEVER!

The chain for the lift hill has started to be installed, something we don't get to see very often.

hyperia13thmarch2024-04.jpg

Its split into lots of sections and joined together at the top of the lift

hyperia13thmarch2024-36.jpg

Love the little wheel to guide it in at the top of the lift

hyperia13thmarch2024-43.jpg

Think I saw about 7 sections installed in the space of two hours earlier

hyperia13thmarch2024-32.jpg

Lots of boxes laying around with chain

hyperia13thmarch2024-44.jpg

After lots of sections and patience, the chain showed up at the bottom of the lift and was "pulled" into place.

hyperia13thmarch2024-54.jpg

hyperia13thmarch2024-57.jpg

Oh... and more gold theming has been added on the station.

hyperia13thmarch2024-13.jpg

Sunset Hyperia as a final shot <3

hyperia13thmarch2024-65.jpg

question.. do you think it looks taller than the big one? I cant quite make my mind up
That is an interesting one. I think it’s hard to say.

One thing that might make The Big One look taller is that the average height of Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s other coasters is quite a bit smaller than the average height of Thorpe Park’s, which will naturally make it look larger. The Big One is Blackpool’s only coaster of considerable size, while Thorpe Park also has Stealth at 205ft, which isn’t a whole lot shorter, and Swarm at 127ft, which isn’t exactly tiny.

The other thing that might make The Big One look taller is that it is rammed pretty much right on top of a number of other rides in Blackpool, which gives the immediate sensation of it “towering above” them, so to speak. Hyperia’s footprint is a bit more self-contained, which doesn’t give quite the same sensation.

Not to mention that The Big One has a much denser support structure, which might give off an illusion of greater height.

With that being said, Hyperia does appear to absolutely dwarf Saw and Colossus from certain angles, so its height certainly seems to live up to expectations in shots next to Thorpe Park’s other rides!