• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

They really don't seem to have any of the creative minds that Alton towers has, unfortunate really but so far this year they've ruined the park logo, dropped island like no other for a crap tagline, ruined the parks soundtrack, marketing for the new ride is pretty bad I mean that's the second piece of content in the last 24 hours they've deleted out of embarrassment?.

They've gotten a good job at getting across they're opening the UK's tallest and fastest rollercoaster to the public which is fine, I wasn't expecting a nemesis reborn quality campaign but none of this 'backstory' has been sold to me at all.

They really don't seem to have any of the creative minds that Alton towers has, unfortunate really but so far this year they've ruined the park logo, dropped island like no other for a crap tagline, ruined the parks soundtrack, marketing for the new ride is pretty bad I mean that's the second piece of content in the last 24 hours they've deleted out of embarrassment?.

They've gotten a good job at getting across they're opening the UK's tallest and fastest rollercoaster to the public which is fine, I wasn't expecting a nemesis reborn quality campaign but none of this 'backstory' has been sold to me at all.
I think we’re seeing proof this year that Towers is levels above Thorpe. They could’ve simply retracked Nemesis but instead its theming looks absolutely beautiful and the area is much improved. We then have Hyperia which as a ride looks good but in terms of theming and experience it looks crap

I'm sorry, but why even bother with a backstory for the final product if the ride is going to be poor, that and the ride has no theming? Can't it just look sleek for the sake of it without a low effort job of "storytelling". They could've put that money and time into better promotion of the ride, like actual non AI art posters and whatnot, not a story that no one cares about.

They've already ruined the logo. The only good thing to come to this park from a theming standpoint this year is big easy boulevard, and most of the TLC this year, particularly Stealth, Colossus's repainted track, and Samurai.

It just feels like they're spending all their money for Hyperia in the wrong places.

Last edited: