• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

I’d like to know what the missing six are with I to N…..
Whatever other projects that are currently ongoing at Merlin attractions. Some we probably already know about, just not what the internal project names for them are.
Seems pretty obvious that they are just going through the alphabet, I wouldn't look too much for clues from Project names.

Whatever other projects that are currently ongoing at Merlin attractions. Some we probably already know about, just not what the internal project names for them are.
Seems pretty obvious that they are just going through the alphabet, I wouldn't look too much for clues from Project names.

Well that’s obvious I’d just like to know what they are for geek purposes

The Edge replacement

FV Shop

Skyride repaint

Begging Vekoma to help with Hex

Capexing a jet wash

Buying a fully functional Phalanx CIWS system to deploy across all parks to shoot down all drones for spoiling surprises

Ok i can work with this:

Project Interior (Hex)

Project Jet-wash

Project Killzone (annihilate drones)

Project Laziness (Sky-ride never being fixed)

Project Money Maker (Edge replacement)

Project Nemesis Shop (FV)

.....I tried.

Some more documentation was added to the application this morning. Nothing particularly exciting or that gives away what ride system is planned but, if this is designed to split FV in half, the queue line will start on the Nemesis 'half' of the area.

250302.png

On the subject of the queue, there will be three sets of queue fencing installed (1.3m high, 1.3m high that provides protection from falling - almost certainly for the stairs - and 1.1m high) with alternate designs. A quarter of all themed fence panels are to receive a decorative motif (which has been hidden for planning purposes).
250303.png

Also, the updated 3D model document states that the two cylinders (like the cube) are to show the maximum extent of the themed features and that the final form may alter. So maybe they are just theming and not necessarily anything to do with the mechanics of the ride system. The wording could be interpreted either way, either they are elements that have been added and themed, or they're features of the ride system that are to be themed.

250301.png

Last edited:
Some more documentation was added to the application this morning. Nothing particularly exciting or that gives away what ride system is planned but, if this is designed to split FV in half, the queue line will start on the Nemesis 'half' of the area. Also, a quarter of all themed fence panels are to receive a decorative motif (which has been hidden for planning purposes)

250302.png

Also, the updated 3D model document states that the two cylinders (like the cube) are to show the maximum extent of the themed features and that the final form may alter. So maybe they are just theming and not necessarily anything to do with the mechanics of the ride system. The wording could be interpreted either way, either they are elements that have been added and themed, or they're features of the ride system that are to be themed.

250301.png
Assuming that 'decorative motif' is the Phalanx logo?

Assuming that 'decorative motif' is the Phalanx logo?
Complete stab in the dark, but the fact it's worded as 'hidden', rather than either not mentioned at all or that the design hasn't been finalised yet, suggests that it might give away what the ride system is going to be. If this is to be a Top Spin, as an example, maybe there's some sort of saw blade as part of the design that would immediately give the game away.

Whatever the reason might be, they're sure doing everything possible to keep the ride system a secret for as long as they possibly can.

Last edited:
Some more documentation was added to the application this morning. Nothing particularly exciting or that gives away what ride system is planned but, if this is designed to split FV in half, the queue line will start on the Nemesis 'half' of the area. Also, a quarter of all themed fence panels are to receive a decorative motif (which has been hidden for planning purposes)

250302.png

250301.png
I think the reduced head height could provide a hint to the ride type, as it would probably have something which lowers down/creates the lower head height, (like a retractable floor)

I don't know why, but one look at those plans and my gut says, "It'll be a Tourbillion".
I don't think a Tourbillion would fit in the space given, and there doesn't seem to be an anchor point behind the platform that the arms would be fastened to. Would be cool though!

Would this split the area since Bunker 94 is not on the Nemesis side of this?
I guess having one Nemesis themed shop literally just after the underpass wouldn’t be too much of an issue, however maybe the long term plan is to move this into the new and much larger arcade building currently being built?

If this new flat is going to act as a “portal” to a new land, is there space for another attraction in the existing footprint around the Galactica plaza do we reckon?