• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

The only one I can think of where they've actively done it the other way round. Normally they're trying to decrease the height of things rather than increase them.

My concerns so far are around height restriction and the choice of area. Forbidden Valley does not need another 1.4 at all. It needs something for kids to do. X-sector needs a flat (well it actually needs 2) far more urgently. Although that's not to say they won't be done at the same time as this could be the only one they're required to apply for planning permission for.

I'm glad they're putting the building effort in though. This could be something quite good as opposed to just dumping un-themed flat somewhere. It might be quite a spectacle. The effort being put in could be an indication of treating new flats as serious and necessary long term investments.

My concerns so far are around height restriction and the choice of area. Forbidden Valley does not need another 1.4 at all. It needs something for kids to do. X-sector needs a flat (well it actually needs 2) far more urgently. Although that's not to say they won't be done at the same time as this could be the only one they're required to apply for planning permission for.
A simple thing I think would be to add a playground somewhere in the area between Galactica, the exit gates and RCR. Yes it doesn't help ride count for 1.2m kids, but it gives a large group a place to let off steam that doesn't exisit outside of CBeebiesland. I think most under 13s still enjoy a climbing frame and a slide?

A simple thing I think would be to add a playground somewhere in the area between Galactica, the exit gates and RCR. Yes it doesn't help ride count for 1.2m kids, but it gives a large group a place to let off steam that doesn't exisit outside of CBeebiesland. I think most under 13s still enjoy a climbing frame and a slide?
More of an under 10 thing really, but most kids are above 1.4 by that age, even if some may still find these kinds of attractions intimidating. But a playground certainly wouldn't be a bad shout. Cheap to maintain and run as well. But it shouldn't be a consolation prize in order to cram a corner of the park full of 1.4 attractions. A high thrill flat has it's place, it's just Forbidden Valley isn't it.

Does anyone else think they’re maybe going to use this ride to split Forbidden Valley and create a new land? This ride could be the ‘gate’ into the new area. Sort out Galactica, expand into the car park with some new flats and boom, new area.

I love this idea, especially if you came out the other side to an oasis like the original air concepts.

Almost like a refuge away from the forbidden valley.

Does anyone else think they’re maybe going to use this ride to split Forbidden Valley and create a new land? This ride could be the ‘gate’ into the new area. Sort out Galactica, expand into the car park with some new flats and boom, new area.
I have mentioned this already as given over the years how ever since the days of Air that the ride has always stood out like a sore thumb, it might be as well they do this idea as not only if they went with an oasis/Atlantis theme it would not only give the park a more 'lighter' themed area but maybe even add lore to Forbidden Valley to show what the area looked like prior before Nemesis corrupted the land with maybe a returning Air theme acting as the good spirit protecting the land from both Nemesis and maybe even the Phalanx from further harm.

The fact that Galactica hasn't seen any major changes, as well as the new flat ride being a 'gateway' to Galactica, does likely seem to indicate that this idea might have more plausibility to it when you think more about it.

Even without mentioning the car park, that area around the ride has potential to be landscaped into it's own themed area with say a flat ride or RCR being moved to overlook the final helix on the ride with the big Air shop returning. Honestly I can be here all day talking about what could be done but if this flat ride is built then it does mean we could see a part 2 of a FV transformation in the mid term future.

quite possibly, although i thought it would still be quite open, i don't know if i am mis remembering due to the amount of time the barriers are up, but i seem to remember where it is going being quite open on the nemesis walk way side, although they could use the cafe that is there as an added barrier possibly???

quite possibly, although i thought it would still be quite open, i don't know if i am mis remembering due to the amount of time the barriers are up, but i seem to remember where it is going being quite open on the nemesis walk way side, although they could use the cafe that is there as an added barrier possibly???
Once again, the new Nemesis / FV shop is on the Galactica side of the proposed ride development

WARNING: The following image may be considered offensive and disturbing to creative leads and drone cancel culture police. Viewer discretion is advised. Images were taken in accordance with CAA guidelines and are not to be distributed beyond TS without prior consultation. Images from today, 17/02/24.

DJI_0951.jpg

WARNING: The following image may be considered offensive and disturbing to creative leads and drone cancel culture police. Viewer discretion is advised. Images were taken in accordance with CAA guidelines and are not to be distributed beyond TS without prior consultation. Images from today, 17/02/24.

DJI_0951.jpg
Just noticed that between that new building and the tree in the middle of the path, you can see how possible it would be to split Forbidden Valley in two to have Galactica have its own area. Do a Trump and build a bloody big wall and that's your lot though you could have it go all the way along to that new gateway under the new flat ride and have those buildings easily repainted into the new area or something.

Honestly wouldn't suprise me if the reason why no retheme has been done for Galactica now is that this could very well be the plan as part of a new themed area of the park for the first time since the early 90s possibly.

I don't know why, but I just can't envision this project the way they're planning, with the ride built over the pathway. Obviously it's being done like that for a reason, it just seems like huge over engineering.

I don't know why, but I just can't envision this project the way they're planning, with the ride built over the pathway. Obviously it's being done like that for a reason, it just seems like huge over engineering.

Think of the viewing angles and it has the potential to make Nemesis and Air work together in slightly different areas. People won't have a choice but look up at in awe as they wait to get through the Airgate tunnel.

I'm really going there is an alternative path for Galacticair for people who don't want to walk under all that engineering.

Think of the viewing angles and it has the potential to make Nemesis and Air work together in slightly different areas. People won't have a choice but look up at in awe as they wait to get through the Airgate tunnel.

I'm really going there is an alternative path for Galacticair for people who don't want to walk under all that engineering.

You can walk past Nemesis and that way

This is a good thing, they are loosening the purse strings and not doing the bare minimum.

You could make the same argument for a theme park in general. The science, technology and engineering in a theme park is over engineered to thrill you, you can understand it when it is for an automated logistics warehouse or an international airport baggage handling system, as they serve very important purposes. A theme park? Not so much. This is one of the amazing things about theme parks, over engineering at it's finest, purely to scare and thrill the pants off you.

That piece of concrete is going to need to be one hefty block to anchor the lateral loads of a top spin, they do it fairly easily on the travelling models I guess.