• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Seems pointless installing 3 more rides when they can't even open the rides they currently have on time. They will just add to the 'closed' list at 10am each day unless management get some big focus put onto ride availability.

Seems pointless installing 3 more rides when they can't even open the rides they currently have on time. They will just add to the 'closed' list at 10am each day unless management get some big focus put onto ride availability.

I love the moaning culture of our society atm

As an employer I can tell you getting labour is incredibly difficult at the moment. For the minimum wage offered why would someone travel to a remote destination to work when they can go to their local Aldi or Tesco and earn more.

I can almost guarantee labour issues are causing rides closures. It’s similar across the whole leisure industry at the moment.

Ahh the “because of unrelated point A they shouldn’t deal with issue B argument”

These things are not mutually exclusive, they can and should sort out their maintenance staffing issues AND boost park capacity.

I love the moaning culture of our society atm

As an employer I can tell you getting labour is incredibly difficult at the moment. For the minimum wage offered why would someone travel to a remote destination to work when they can go to their local Aldi or Tesco and earn more.

I can almost guarantee labour issues are causing rides closures. It’s similar across the whole leisure industry at the moment.
Yes, because they try to operate with the least amount of staff possible on low wages. They need to have some floating staff who are useful when someone is off sick or is needed elsewhere. But that's seen as waste by the number crunchers. You can always attract better staff who will stick around by paying them well and making them feel valued.

Yes, because they try to operate with the least amount of staff possible on low wages. They need to have some floating staff who are useful when someone is off sick or is needed elsewhere. But that's seen as waste by the number crunchers. You can always attract better staff who will stick around by paying them well and making them feel valued.

Of course you can
And yes damn us number crunches

They don’t try and operate on the lowest numbers possible, they roster floating staff.

They do pay low wages though.

They don’t try and operate on the lowest numbers possible, they roster floating staff.

They do pay low wages though.

not meaning to sound obnoxious and I apologise if I do, but some of the staff roles you really cannot justifiy paying the minimum wage value. And the minimum wage pushes everyone else wage up as well by default as people want skill set separation.

Playing devils advocate but I’m going to suggest that their payroll budget is very tight.

You could argue that they should be prepared to pay more and make less but we all know that will not happen

not meaning to sound obnoxious and I apologise if I do, but some of the staff roles you really cannot justifiy paying the minimum wage value. And the minimum wage pushes everyone else wage up as well by default as people want skill set separation.

Playing devils advocate but I’m going to suggest that their payroll budget is very tight.

You could argue that they should be prepared to pay more and make less but we all know that will not happen

I think the problem Merlin has is they don’t pay well for skilled roles. Management and tech services are well below other industries pay levels so you depend on trainees and apprentices to fill those roles.

I think the problem Merlin has is they don’t pay well for skilled roles. Management and tech services are well below other industries pay levels so you depend on trainees and apprentices to fill those roles.

You’re probably right.

I know someone who use to work in marketing at Merlin and, well, let’s say they were paid rather handsomely. And that shows when you look where priorities of the business are.

Realistically I think the park entrance price does need to go up a little so they can afford to make some changes. The more dynamic pricing may help with this.
I've never ever heard anyone argueing for theme park prices to go up, it's crazy. Merlin are hardly short of cash, Towers has just been poorly run for a number of years it should not have been in a position where there are almost no flat rides.

I've never ever heard anyone argueing for theme park prices to go up, it's crazy. Merlin are hardly short of cash, Towers has just been poorly run for a number of years it should not have been in a position where there are almost no flat rides.
Well I guess someone has to have 3 mega yachts…

Sorry, I have been criticising cheap season passes for years.
Sell 'em cheap, pile the punters high, then flog 'em cheap crap food and souvenirs (bolts anyone)...and fasttrack to escape the sudden massive queues.
Double income, extra forty percent on parking, fresh set of mugs next year due to breeding and rip offs based on nostalgia for what the park used to be.
Scrap cheap entry via passes, charge a realistic entry price for all...scrap all passes even.