• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

The much referenced Sound Assessment Report has finally been added to the application and in it (8.4 and 8.5) we seemingly have confirmation of what we were all expecting, it's a Top Spin.

Untitled.png
Great news! Personally Topspins aren't my thing, but they do look really cool to look at! Can't wait! Can't image how everyone else feels at the moment, not only a confirmation of a Permanent Flat ride coming to the park, but a Topspin. It's gonna be one he'll of a photogenic ride, that's for sure!

And now, we wait for it's completion and opening date...
SamButts.jpg

Not a terrible idea to have this ready to open in September for Oktoberfest so it can have a month or so of running in before Scarefest. Great way to get repeat custom, and also has the benefit of not cannibalising the marketing for 2025 if there are more flats on the way

The much referenced Sound Assessment Report has finally been added to the application and in it (8.4 and 8.5) we seemingly have confirmation of what we were all expecting, it's a Top Spin.

Untitled.png
Elsewhere in the document, a predicted construction time of approximately 15 weeks, from Spring 2023, is mentioned.

Untitled1.png
Fantastic!! Never got to ride Ripsaw, but when I rode Rameses Revenge it was a fantastic experience, really looking forward to this now :D

The only other thing added to the application today, which still hasn't publicly been granted/denied planning permission, is how they're planning to protect the Deer Wall that runs along that side of Forbidden Valley. Not the most exciting document that we've seen but there is one curious element within it. Answers on a postcard as to what the 'splat' on the Galactica side of the ride structure could mean. I don't remember seeing it in any other document uploaded so far.

Untitled2.jpg

I love a Topspin and it's not only exciting to see a decent new flat finally being installed at Towers, but refreshing to see so much effort is being put in to it.

But it's disappointing that they've chosen Forbidden Valley (rather than somewhere like Dark Forest) where the only family offering is Blade. It's just going to amplify the secular demographic park areas problem.

I love a Topspin and it's not only exciting to see a decent new flat finally being installed at Towers, but refreshing to see so much effort is being put in to it.

But it's disappointing that they've chosen Forbidden Valley (rather than somewhere like Dark Forest) where the only family offering is Blade. It's just going to amplify the secular demographic park areas problem.

Remember that DF and X sector areas are Permitted Development land, which don't need planning permission. So we could well see new more flats next season but who knows.

Elsewhere in the document, a predicted construction time of approximately 15 weeks, from Spring 2023, is mentioned.
Disregarding that they have written 2023 instead of 2024, seems that this will be ready by September? Seems odd time to open an attraction but also odd to not construct over closed season. Wonder what the plan is.

Remember that DF and X sector areas are Permitted Development land, which don't need planning permission. So we could well see new more flats next season but who knows.
Yeah I know, that's not what I'm getting at. I know that we could see flats without planning at any time in both areas. My concern is with the demographic mix. Dark Forest has a 1.2 attraction and 0.9 Hex practically in the same area so would have suited an additional thrill flat better. Forbidden Valley would now have 4x1.4's (like it did after Sub Terra opened and before Ripsaw closed) and just one attraction below that.