• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Live - Saturday 6th July 2013

The set-up has started today.

942648_690439374315361_303893377_n.jpg

Photo courtesy of Theme Park Worldwide

How will they make sure all the 'non concert' guests have left? Surely that will be tough?

The concert arena area will be cleared of all guests and re-opened for concert ticket holders only. They've done it before so they know what they're doing. Other guests will be able to ride the rest of the attractions for the remainder of the day - it's much quicker and easier to clear that relatively small area than the entire park.

Having Spinball running for only 3 1/2 hours is probably going to lead to some horrific queues though, and I expect quite a few people won't be happy when they find the queue closed early to have the ride cleared of guests by 1:30 rather than that being the queue close time!

Sonic ought to run from ERT at 9am. I am concerned they appear to be commiting themselves to a ride close at 5.30pm - what if the rides are rammed? Presumably they will still extend if needed.

I am liking the idea of a cheeky Ripsaw Café visit at 11.30pm :p

:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You could probably just sit outside the concert area and listen to the music for free* if you really wanted to. ;) I'm sure that it'll be loud enough...

*excluding theme park entrance price. ;)

1016745_587837301247452_1738259203_n.jpg

Picture from The Alton Towers Guide.

Well I'm glad I don't visit on days like this! Looks like hell!

From TowersStreet Facebook:

970759_503856133018169_1209606764_n.jpg

The queue to get into the arena is back at the Towers? :eek:

Hahaha just drove stright off the resort and would like to wish everyone there a nice queue to end the night ;)

Multiple fan sites (including TowersStreet) have confirmed on Facebook that Alton Towers Live will return in 2014!

Blaze said:
I was optimistic that it wouldn't. Bugger.

Damn Alton Towers for wanting to bring a very successful event back. Making money ftl.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Was hoping they'd replace it with an event that wasn't aimed exclusively at the pre-teen girl market.

I bet female hormones were rife tonight on those lawns.

I don't mind Alton Towers grasping at this market, it brings money in. But I really wish they'd branch out a bit with another genre. Maybe a rock concert maybe, never gonna happen. But just a suggestion, maybe to get other types of audiences in, instead of restricting themselves to one market group.

Yep, they're sticking to the dead middle of the road when it comes to music... On the one hand it's safe, marketable and is do inoffensive it will work for everyone from toddlers to gran and grandad. On the other hand, it's bland, insipid and mediocre pop rubbish that only children and families really listen to in the long run.

Unfortunately, as a family theme park inoffensive is where they have to stick to. A large rock concert may work to an extent, but expecting Glastonbury, Reading or Download is a step too far, at the end of the day it's a family resort.

It's the target market that they care about. They are being pleased by the current shows and as such they will remain largely similar year on year.

The thing is though, Jodrell Bank started putting on gigs in 2011, and comfortably get 10000 people in. If an observatory can get 10k people to see relatively alternative but still very popular acts like The Flaming Lips, Elbow, Sigor Ross, then surely Alton Towers can easily get enough people in without having to just use X Factor contestants.