• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Live - Saturday 6th July 2013

Re: Re: Alton Towers Live - Saturday 6th July 2013

Novas said:
So, the event is now confirmed to be £40.00 a ticket.... regardless of what everyone thinks about the second string x-factor reject line up, can we all atleast agree that kids must have far to much bloody money nowdays?!

I totally didn't spend £200 on Download ;)

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

So there is now only three weeks until Alton Towers Live! They haven't really been promoting it much in park or on FB/Twitter this season, so I guess the ticket sales must be doing alright, compared to Black Eyed Peas, when it was promoted everywhere!

So who's got tickets or thinking about tickets?

They were all over the bar and on every table in the tavern today (AT live flyers). Apart from that, nothing.

Tom said:
Any whispers on ticket sales for this? I get the inkling they aren't going too well.

Dunno they are not flogging the thing to death like they had to with Black Eyed Peas. My guess is its sold ok but maybe not quite to the level they want.

They certainly don't seem as panicked as with BEP

It can't be as bad as BEP since there's been little mention of it. Which is a good sign. But still, with the event nearing you would think there would be a marketing push on its way soon.

I think sales must be going well, as there has been very little promotion on park or online (website/facebook/twitter) pretty much since the tickets went on sale. With the Black Eyed Peas they were pushing it so much and the price just kept going down and down, they were even playing Black Eyed Peas down Towers Street!

Annual pass holders can get tickets for £40, so I don't know whether brave the screaming kids for the chance to see olly murs

Interesting point:

Tops of cans, plastic bottles, flasks etc, will be removed on
purchase. Containers for liquids with tops on are not allowed into
the concert arena

Wonder they plan on doing with the merlin pass flasks!

e4kenndr said:
Interesting point:

the concert arena

Aww no bottles of yellow stuff flying at the 'artists' :(

I *LOVE* the justification of Car Parking charges during the event:

The ticket barriers will be used to manage the flow of cars onto the local highway network. We recommend you purchase your car park ticket either on arrival at the concert or before returning to your car.

I find it weird that they aren't running the monorail after the concert, and instead are diverting people through an assortment of strange routes to the car parks on foot.

They would be on forever if they ran the monorail. As much as its a pain, with normal closing the number of people exiting the park is staggered as guests are coming from all different areas of the park and potentially stopping in shops and collecting merchandise.

In the case of a concert, several thousand people all trying to get out the park in a short period of time is chaotic. Anyone who has ridden public transport after a large gig will know what it's like, and ATs Monorail has nowhere near the capacity of a Tube train or Metrolink Tram. It's unfortunately just not feasible,

Indeed, using the monorail would be a complete nightmare. There will be a lot of people all leaving the park at pretty much the same time, something that isn't usually experienced during normal operating hours. They used this method of exiting the park for the previous concerts and it has worked well. The biggest challenge for them is getting the car parks emptied and the traffic onto the roads, from memory they did a pretty good job of that two years ago at ATL.

:)

"Toilets will be open after the concert and for anyone fancying a late night snack"

mmmmm, wonder what the toilets will be serving up ha ha ha ha ha

Quite fancy going along and sitting in the bars and restaurants which are open until 11.30pm though just to soak in Alton late night atmosphere!

e4kenndr said:
Interesting point:

the concert arena

I read that and was wondering the same thing, they can't just chuck your lid away, unless Merlin will be providing you with a new one afterwards!