• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Live - Saturday 6th July 2013

FINAL CALL FOR ALL OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION

If you wish to discuss music tastes and styles we've set up a nice topic in corner coffee for you.

This topic is to discuss the upcoming event.

Not for anyone to criticise the acts, genre-selection or music tastes. End of.

Please continue with constructive discussion of this event.

Similar cost to a normal concert then...

Not THAT bad if you're going for the music side of things...

Benzin said:
Similar cost to a normal concert then...

Not THAT bad if you're going for the music side of things...

Well I suppose if you liked all the bands on the set list, it is a £5 per band so great value if you like said band.

I would say £40 is quite good value, you pay £40-50 to see one band at somewhere like Nottingham Arena, etc. It says annual pass holders pick their tickets up in person on the day, so that means no delivery fee. I do wonder if they will have to pay the other admin fee for buying it. Or if you can buy it in the box office and not pay the fee? I suppose we will find out on Friday.

Im certainly tempted by it, even just for the whole atmosphere of the concert at towers.

There is an event page for this now live on the main site at Alton Towers Live.

I was just having a read through the FAQs section and came across this:

Where is the concert?
The concert is to be held on the front lawns in front of the lake, at the bottom of Towers Street. At around 1pm this area will be cleared of all guests and re-opened at 2pm to Concert guests. You must show your Theme Park ticket to enter the Theme Park and your concert ticket to enter the arena. Car Parking is charged at £6 per car and a Drop off / Pick up area will be signposted.

This doesn't really make sense to me though. Surely you would just fence that whole area off, or if it already is fenced off then have people stopping guests from being able to enter? Sounds like a lot of effort for something that can easily be prevented in the first place :)

Adverting has started as well saw an advert in the news paper this morning a small colour advert in the right hand corner.

LiamC said:
There is an event page for this now live on the main site at Alton Towers Live.

I was just having a read through the FAQs section and came across this:

Where is the concert?
The concert is to be held on the front lawns in front of the lake, at the bottom of Towers Street. At around 1pm this area will be cleared of all guests and re-opened at 2pm to Concert guests. You must show your Theme Park ticket to enter the Theme Park and your concert ticket to enter the arena. Car Parking is charged at £6 per car and a Drop off / Pick up area will be signposted.

This doesn't really make sense to me though. Surely you would just fence that whole area off, or if it already is fenced off then have people stopping guests from being able to enter? Sounds like a lot of effort for something that can easily be prevented in the first place :)
They've done it like this for the last few concerts and it seems to have worked well. Towers Street forms part of the arena, so fencing this off all day to non concert guests wouldn't really be an option as it's the way into the park and a lot of people will need to use the facilities on Towers Street.

:)

djtruefitt said:
So tickets are now on sale, whos got one, or thinking about getting one?

I am pretty sure I will be going.

Even if I am not too keen on the music, I really want to see how Alton do it and £40 isn't bad.

:)

I will be looking at buying one soon and might stop in the hotels (tavern)

Subject to others going, I intend to also! :)

Perhaps might be worth starting a mini-meet thread?

So, the event is now confirmed to be £40.00 a ticket.... regardless of what everyone thinks about the second string x-factor reject line up, can we all atleast agree that kids must have far to much bloody money nowdays?!

£40 is reasonable for a ticket. Usually that would only get you to see two or three fairly famous artists, or one famous artist. Although, I guess, there's less stage production involved- so less of a cost- and the artists aren't exactly the biggest artists around. Including theme park tickets, however, makes it very reasonable.

According to AT's Twitter. The Vamps are joining the line up.

BJAfigRCQAIW4Ph.jpg:large