• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Social Media

I’ve only just turned 20, and I need the Urban Dictionary to understand half of these words… what that says about me, I don’t know!
I'm even younger, and I don't understand most of this stuff. Don't worry.

I think efteling do a good job with their social media, they do some dances and trendy things sometimes to give them a bit of a social media boost but even then it's usually in places to show off pretty areas of their park. Alton Towers has some wonderful spots and interesting history in a similar way so it would be nice if they emulated their style more.

Saw that post by them and couldn’t believe that they’d go ahead and post something as stupid as that on their official account.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that gets deleted pretty quickly, they are going to get savaged in the comments.

They always get stick in the comments irrespective of the actual content - normally alluding to the prices of the hotels, ride availability or queue times. It'll be unlikely the post gets deleted, particularly as it doesn't appear to be the role of the marketing team to respond to them either.

I do feel quite bad about the direction this topic and the enthusiasts responses on X are heading. I’m sure the person responsible is seeing all this, and having a rabid bunch of enthusiasts very publicly slating your efforts at your job can’t be great…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Much better content. I understand why they have tried a different direction as views and clicks on social media are one of the best ways to market nowadays. Structures such as Wickerman and The Marmaliser encourage guests to take photos which results in free marketing too. I just hope the park keeps their own posts a bit more professional whilst still maintaining a fun and modern feel. Tiktok, Instagram and Twitter is the way forward, but it just has to be done with thought and competence, let’s hope they find this balance soon as the above post is certainly a more positive sign.

This is the sort of thing I want to see on the park's social media. By showing the rides in action and people telling you how the rides make them feel, it makes me want to go to parks more. The incentive to post ride photos to enter a ticket draw also encourages positive interaction.

On the other hand, official Thorpe FB are promoting a video created by some dullard pretending to be a mum, and mums obviously don’t go on the rides and just worry about food and suncream. 🙄 I can’t figure out how to link to it but seems crap social media posts are catching.

They have definitely listened to some feedback, as most of their recent marketing (past week maybe more) have actually been quite good I think. Their newest Tick Tok video literally shows the PoV of the smiler, along with commentary describing how you would feel along the layout.

I think the whole merlin advertisement in the uk has gone crazy. All 3 of the main accounts (towers, thorpe and chessington) are now posting very tiktok inspired videos on all platforms where they are not needed. The videos just seem cheap and make the park seem very poor standard. Some of the videos now posted even end up having part one, part two etc in them now which i absolutely hate.

And don’t even get me started on thorpe park speeding up the videos of their rides on social media, we don’t talk about that at all, i just can’t stand it.