• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Image taken on Bond St, circa Jan 2022:

9c39483eac39611e7ab6a38514ed9c17.jpg

Grand National is closed for the remainder of 2021 for planned maintenance.

I don’t like the look of this, the last time a coaster closed towards the end of a season for “maintenance” it was torn down during the winter without warning.

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/planned-maintenance/

I think it may be issues with the trains. The other Sunday they had two cars on but the red one they were not loading the middle car when it was on either side of the track. I think that must mean the other two trains are not usable otherwise why would they have not just swapped it with one of the other two.

People constantly complain that the ride is 'too rough' now the park seems to be taking action to rectify this by closing it early for maintenance and people are upset about that.

The park is likely going to be shut for 8 weeks, factor in a week off for Christmas as well and the time for winter maintenance is ridiculously short this year. Every other major ride is located within areas of the park guests have access to. The national however no one can get near as the main portion of the ride goes through backstage areas. Thus easier for them to start work on it early than any other coaster in the park.

Then there is the fact that it uses more staff to run than any other ride.
If you have to shut a ride to get all the winter work in, it might as well be the Nash.
At least shakey will be pleased!

Grand National is closed for the remainder of 2021 for planned maintenance.

I don’t like the look of this, the last time a coaster closed towards the end of a season for “maintenance” it was torn down during the winter without warning.

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/planned-maintenance/

My spine is safe for another year then :)

Hopefully it will be proper maintenance that will actually make a difference to the ride experience. But most likely its just a money saving measure for the remainder of the season.

Is it basically "Either you come on Nash, or it's your round for the rest of the day"? ;)

That would certainly get me on the ride !!!!

I just think its a pretty awful advert for the park in its present state.

I know there are a few fans but most people just find it far too rough, especially on a wheel seat.

Marketing guff with a terrible pun or are there actual secrets about (presumably) Valhalla 2:Electric Boogaloo being spilled?

All the rumours flying about are pretty nonsensical and hopefully are being said in jest. Right?

Add-a-heading.png

Last edited:
The outdoor section on Nash has a drop section I've read. It's the bit around gallopers that has the lasers and discoball.

(Allegedly)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.