• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Awesome night, most rides walk on or 1-2 train wait. Coasters on one train but didn’t need to be any more, other than perhaps Icon. 9:30 close but noticed that Streak, Icon and Steeplechase were already shut at 9:10. Big One twice in the dark, queue not out of station. Woodies in the dark, brilliant.

If anyone is on the fence about these Friday evenings, go for it, you will get plenty of rides in. I’m sure we easily did as many rides in an hour as we did at Towers in 6 hours the other week. Nice saunter around the park, out for kebab, back in for twilight & dark rides. Plenty of rides and a few drink stops. Very chilled out.
I was also there Friday night as part of my stag night and can only agree.

I felt a bit bad for the members of my group who didn't get there until getting on 7 but for those of us who were there at 4 you could get on anything almost straight away. Even had time for a 20 minute pause on the lift hill of the Rugrats flume.

Never mixed alcohol and coasters before... turns out it's pretty fun. Certainly takes the edge off the Nash!

Great to finally get a dark go on the Big One in, and Icon really comes alive after dark too.

£36 well spent as far as I'm concerned.

And about bloody time!
Suggested by all the ride and bar staff over the last few Friday nights!
Shame they didn't offer it sooner.
Most people won't know about it though. I saw it on twitter.

Just make it £20

Probably going to be too late to get a significant crowd in. Although it's late night riding on Saturday so they may get a few more on the Friday.

Guessing most that have been the last few Fridays have been season ticket holders. Bet the park have made nothing.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Most people won't know about it though. I saw it on twitter.

Just make it £20

There is a perception that having a code makes it more of a bargain.

"Fancy going to BPB this Friday, its only £20" is different to "I've got a code for 2for1 entry for BPB this Friday lets go".

Whether the product is worth £40 is a different question of course.

Last edited:
Classic pleasure beach. A last minute reactionary decision that is inherently under publicised, but which they will likely use as the basis to establish that even at a lower price point these late Friday openings aren’t worthwhile.

I think these evening ride sessions are just too highly priced to attract enough people in. I know it’s not much shorter opening hours than some of their daytime openings, but the timings of it make it feel like a half day (if that) event. On that basis £40 is going to appear pricey to a lot of people.

Classic pleasure beach. A last minute reactionary decision that is inherently under publicised, but which they will likely use as the basis to establish that even at a lower price point these late Friday openings aren’t worthwhile.

Nail on the head.

Do people still think Amanda Thompson is fit for purpose for running a business like this? I know she's the great granddaughter of the founder of the park but under her tenure the place has become a bit of a laughing stock in my opinion. Some of the decisions that have been made really do make you scratch your head.

Would be nice to see the place in the hands of owners who had deeper pockets and more of an idea on how to run a successful park / business. Probably never happen though.

The Gold Mine last ran ten years ago today, that's crazy.

Popped on park yesterday evening, having been away all week with work. It was pretty quiet with most rides close to a walk on when I arrived, bar the Big One which was running a single train with a queue down the ramp to where the payboxes were.

Inexplicably, The Hub was open, with a DJ, but the bar was closed. The two people in there seemed to be having a fine time.

When I arrived about 19:00, after waiting in a 45 minute queue for petrol (because I actually needed some to get to Blackpool, I must add), they were still asking £18 for parking ... and people were paying it.

Well another great jolly boys outing at pleasure beach, staying in the cheap and cheerful Henson Hotel. Excellent company as always.

And I can reveal that the 1st ever Blackpool Pleasure Beach board game world champion is.......

@Dipper_Dave

Well done Dave.

gameon.jpg

Last edited:
I may have to turn up for one of the winter weekend days.

And I may have to announce my retirement on the Nash. It was horrendous this time . Someone please set fire to it.

I may have to turn up for one of the winter weekend days.

And I may have to announce my retirement on the Nash. It was horrendous this time . Someone please set fire to it.

Your fault for following Rob's order to get in the driver's seat. Rows 2,5 & 8 (non wheel seats) more bearable. Even enjoyable. Feels great to be board game champ!

Last day to get the 90 quid season pass renewal.

Rows 2,5 & 8 (non wheel seats) more bearable.

But you shouldn't have to sit in a particular seat for the ride to be bearable. Or to have to sit in a certain way to minimise the discomfort.

This just shows that the ride in not acceptable.

And over on the towers general discussion, people are moaning that wickerman is rough - Really !!

But you shouldn't have to sit in a particular seat for the ride to be bearable. Or to have to sit in a certain way to minimise the discomfort.

This just shows that the ride in not acceptable.

And over on the towers general discussion, people are moaning that wickerman is rough - Really !!

I agree but until they take the square wheels off and put round ones on, those are the best rows to sit in!

Yep I thought Wickerman the other week was rougher than opening week, but I’ve only been it I think 3 times and it’s clearly not in the same ‘beat you to a pulp’ league as Nash

So shakey gets to ride the Nash on the front seat...he actually gets to drive...and he gets to race his mates...in the other front seat, with no queue at all, and he still moans!
75% of our group seemed to be having a whale of a time mate.
Every year, shakey has his last ride on the National...EVER!

And Wickerman was riding fine yesterday...managed to win a front seat there as well.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.