• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Enso? What on Earth could that mean? I was going to suggest backwards, but Icon backwards would be Noci (or nocI)… maybe it’s a spinning car?

This could certainly be one to watch…

I’ll admit I’m not quite sure what to think if it is a spinning car; I’m not personally the biggest fan of spinning coasters, and I love Icon as is, but on the other hand, both of the Mack XTREME Spinners have received almost universally rave reviews, considerably more so than Icon. It would also give the ride an element of marketability that it perhaps lacks; it would make Icon break all of the UK’s spinning coaster records, and it would also be phenomenally different to anything else in the country.

As someone firmly in the "Icon is boring" camp, a spinning edition would be excellent news. Surely it will have to be a full overhaul, though? There's not much room for one queue as it is.

I wonder if the price we pay might be a permanent two-train service? Anyway, not to grumble, very keen to try a Mack spinning contraption.

Apparently, Enso actually means chlorine (well, according to Google Translate it does)… interesting.

Wouldn't the control system have to be upgraded if they added spinning cars permanently, as it would need to control the spinning?

Will be interesting to see if it's a full train of the “HybridTrain” or just the back row one like they've tested on Blue Fire and at Dreamworld?

If it is spinning cars it will be a chance for them to market Icon again and hopefully do it properly this time. I'd very much want to ride Icon spinning and it would be good fun. Also I suspect they'd charge for it so that's a bit of extra revenue for the pleasure beach.

Going by the name and tag line i'd say it is very likely to be a spinning car like Steel Taipan. It will be very interesting to see what they do regarding how you queue for it though. The station is already tight for space, surely they can't fit a separate queue in there for it. Can't queue for it via the exit. The only thing I can think of is there not being speedy pass on Icon anymore and using that queue for the spinning car.

Going by the name and tag line i'd say it is very likely to be a spinning car like Steel Taipan. It will be very interesting to see what they do regarding how you queue for it though. The station is already tight for space, surely they can't fit a separate queue in there for it. Can't queue for it via the exit. The only thing I can think of is there not being speedy pass on Icon anymore and using that queue for the spinning car.
Only issue is that disabled access is via the speedy pass entrance. Would make sense otherwise though.

Wouldn't the control system have to be upgraded if they added spinning cars permanently, as it would need to control the spinning?

Pretty sure the modern mack spinning coasters are free spin, though time traveller uses magnets on the trains themselves to ensure the spinning doesn't become too much.

Pretty sure the modern mack spinning coasters are free spin, though time traveller uses magnets on the trains themselves to ensure the spinning doesn't become too much.
Doesn't Ride To Happiness have those magnets on its trains too?

I would sooner have my gonads lowered into a pit of burning sulphur than ride Icon with spinning trains. I don’t do spinning coasters, it never ends well

Wild Mouse never needed silly gimmicks!

I would sooner have my gonads lowered into a pit of burning sulphur than ride Icon with spinning trains. I don’t do spinning coasters, it never ends well

Wild Mouse never needed silly gimmicks!

Well they did extend the length of the ride when they added the top level.

It obviously is a bit gimmicky (at least I think it is), but I don’t think that necessarily means that Icon hasn’t been successful, at least in terms of guest satisfaction. Regardless of whether you think that Icon is or isn’t good, they’ve had three years of it as the big ‘new’ thing. They probably do need something else to push.

They’ve got Valhalla re-opening next year. It looks like they’re doing a lot of work on it, but if it’s mostly maintenance work, and if they tone down the fire, then that’s not be the easiest thing to hang a major marketing campaign on. This is about the cheapest way of getting something new to advertise. I just hope they don’t put spinning cars on Infusion.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.