• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sunny day in Blackpool with a full ride offering?
Give us a clue!

Fair! Hahahaha

They are known to happen every now and then. Now I'm in my late 30's I don't do rainy windy days at PB anymore.

Quoted from the website with full details
ENSŌ will be available on one of ICON’s three trains. There will be an upcharge to ride ENSŌ, with two levels of access – Standard and VIP. Both will only be able to be booked via Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s app on the day of your visit.
STANDARD ENSŌ BOOKING £15
VIP ENSŌ BOOKING £25

Guests that already have a VIP Speedy Pass can get a VIP ENSŌ Booking for £15.

Bookings are only valid for one ride on ENSŌ. It is non-refundable and non-transferable. ENSŌ is subject to availability.

When purchasing a Standard ENSŌ ride, you will have the same wait time as the current queue but with one big advantage, you don’t have to stand in line!

When purchasing an ENSŌ VIP ride, your wait time is reduced by 90% of the normal queue time length.

While you are waiting for your ENSŌ ride you can visit other rides and attractions across the park.

After completing your booking, a timer will start to countdown and when the timer reaches zero, you can head straight to the ENSŌ entrance where you will scan a code with your phone to board ENSŌ.

And for "little old cave dweller me" that would mean an extra £50 deposit on a smartphone to get on the bloody thing.
Station extension required for the extra queueline...could we have a nice conservatory, it is a bit dark in there.

I have no words. In a world where riding Olympia looping is 9 quid in the capital for limited time, they think adding spinning seats to a mediocre family coaster is worth 15 quid. I want what they're smoking.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach have updated the website.

£15 for standard, £25 for premium access.

Ridiculous.
No way that I would pay that, however if they made it affordable then you would get way more demand than supply.

I guess where they are really going to struggle with pushing this is on quiet days.

It's a unique experience with a miniscule capacity. I'd pay £15 to try it. I don't understand paying more not to wait in a queue you don't even have to wait in though.

Capacity will be 30-40 people per hour so they don't need many people willing to pay. With capacity that low I doubt they'll be able to actually offer quick access to the higher tier users on busy days, it could foreseeably sell out at (say) 1pm with the people buying then riding at closing time.

Simple timeslots would be a more sensible approach, at least until they know what the actual demand looks like.

Never mind the cost...my big questions...
Where are the fat lad seats going to go?
Are the spinny seats also going to be fat lad seats?
Will you still be able to touch the track on the first inversion?

And for "little old cave dweller me" that would mean an extra £50 deposit on a smartphone to get on the bloody thing.
Station extension required for the extra queueline...could we have a nice conservatory, it is a bit dark in there.
It's £125 according to the website. Guess I'd just have to nicely ask another member of my group to book it on their phone and give them the cash if one of them is up for doing it with me. :p

Last edited:
It's a unique experience with a miniscule capacity. I'd pay £15 to try it. I don't understand paying more not to wait in a queue you don't even have to wait in though.

I'm not hard up but there's no way on earth I'd pay £15 or £25 for that.

Absolutely bonkers.

It's in the ballpark of other unique experiences like slingshots, large travelling rides, zip lines etc. Hell, it's not a lot more than single fastracks for major rides and you don't even get anything remotely unique for that, yet people don't seem to blink at paying into that mess.

Not sure why there's either suprise or outrage at this pricing really, even if it's not for you personally.

It has to be asked how long they can continue like this before they can't pay their creditors and are put in administration?

Lots of businesses carry debt through their lives.
Leverage is all the rage these days.
It's only when you can't make your payments and keep up with the interest you get into problems.

It has to be asked how long they can continue like this before they can't pay their creditors and are put in administration?
I was looking at the accounts that Rob linked to and it is concerning. Last year they did not pay a penny towards any of their existing loans. In fact they took out an additional loan of £6mil.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.