• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm in Liverpool and get one, with the renewal price you can get you monies worth quite quickly.

Even better if you're able to visit any of the partner parks as well! In 2019 I got days at Efteling and Liseberg for free which probably covered my season pass cost outright.

Indeed. I don't recall the last time they opened a new ride when the schedule was weekends only.

4D cinema, maybe.

Season passes look much better value now than when I got one a few years ago as wristbands are much more expensive now whilst season passes can be bought for a similar price. I'm not about to become a regular visitor though, my 1 free entry with an EP pass is enough for me.

There were rumours of them removing the turn around section leading into the backwards drop weren't there? It could certainly save on running costs id imagine.

New effect being tested.

Thought the point of that bit was to make riders think the boat was going to go over the edge (like the broken track on Everest). If its just going to turn there and go forwards down the first drop they may aswell have just filled in the hole. Plenty of old Big One track to use as framing.

In regards to no announcement about it opening at the start of the season, remember that people that live within a few miles of Blackpool don't know Icon exists, advertising isn't their strong point. Although the 'ride testing' job would have been a good opportunity to promote Valhalla.

Hopefully it's back this season either way, if last summer's heat happens again this year, it will be much needed!

Totally agree. They don’t appear to know what they’re doing themselves, so trying to draw conclusions from the park’s actions is a fool’s game.

It’s entirely possible that the reopening is mentioned/announced in passing on Twitter the day before opening weekend.

Does anyone have any insider information on the ride tester role, has anyone been offered an interview yet?

Does anyone have any insider information on the ride tester role, has anyone been offered an interview yet?
They're still sifting out the astonishing number of candidates who carry their lunch around with them in a backpack, have more lanyards than they have friends, have yet to discover deodorant and know more about the park's rides than the park do.

They’re busy looking at the applications and carefully sorting out the geeks from the thoosies.

Then they’ll chuck both piles in the bin and pick the social media influencer with the biggest cheesiest smile that is willing to say exactly what they want them to say in their media appearances.

To be fair (as I normally do not rate pleasure beaches marketing) if I had a pound for every person who told me it was a job for me I would have £6.

Which as us geeks are relatively rare and 6 people mentioned it suggests it worked to some extent

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.