• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I love watching the Epic Universe updates on Youtube, in less than a year they have built multiple infrastructure projects and rides - Valhalla has taken 3 years and it's still not got an opening date lol - that's all I think about when I am watching the Epic updates - they've built nearly a whole town in a year and BPB have spent nearly 3 times as long to update an existing ride - sure Valhalla will be EPIC though!

So the latest accounts for Blackpool Pleasure Beach are in.

This is for the year up to March 2022, so mainly the 2021 season.

This was the year of the staycation so had my fingers crossed the park could actually turn a profit.

And..................................

It's great news for the park...

Operating profit of £9,505,000 for the year ending March 2022, and an overall profit of £6,460,000

Link here....
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01876267/filing-history

It is their best year from the records available, going back to 1987.

Shiny new coaster anyone :)

Interesting that they indicate attendence was still down on pre-pandemic levels - I'd never seen Blackpool and the Pleasure Beach busier in June, but I suppose that has to be balanced against the enforced closure up to April/May.

They attribute the profit instead to the reduced VAT which was chargeable.

If they can get Valhalla open and functional consistently they could have a very solid year. I do think the park needs a couple of new attractions in the next 2-3 seasons given all the investment at other parks. A new coaster and a new major flat ride would be great.

Last edited:
Just been looking at opening times and prices for 2023 and it looks as though all Fridays are cheaper than any other day , even in school holidays. If you click on any Friday in 2023 on the booking page, it is £31 for adults. (compared to £39 on a Saturday, and £35 or £33 on other days).

They have a very bizarre pricing structure.

So the latest accounts for Blackpool Pleasure Beach are in.

This is for the year up to March 2022, so mainly the 2021 season.

This was the year of the staycation so had my fingers crossed the park could actually turn a profit.

And..................................

It's great news for the park...

Operating profit of £9,505,000 for the year ending March 2022, and an overall profit of £6,460,000

Link here....
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01876267/filing-history

It is their best year from the records available, going back to 1987.

Shiny new coaster anyone :)
Slow down shakey, don't think Icon is paid for yet!
And there is that ice show to pay for.
Edit...and Fridays are traditionally quiet, the old fashioned weekly stayers are skint, and for three nighters it is usually swap over day.
that's why the donkeys have that day off.

Last edited:
If they can get Valhalla open and functional consistently they could have a very solid year. I do think the park needs a couple of new attractions in the next 2-3 seasons given all the investment at other parks. A new coaster and a new major flat ride would be great.
Valhalla being closed is probably why they recorded record profits tbf. Can't be cheap to run it.

Because of the booking system, dropping the entry only ticket, and staycation boost, they didn't have a quiet day all season that year.
Every day was at least "steady"...quiet days cost a fortune in staffing, some days more staff than punters.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.