• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's it me or does revolution seem to be having more and more downtime? When I visited last year it was closed most of the day and only opens around 3. Is the ride getting to the the end of its life, it would certainly be missed.

Four trains being set up for Easter, National weekend, and the flume in a shed reopening.
Didn't they used to have six trains originally.
Watching some old video recently, the speed of the trains as they did the last dip into the station!
...and people getting off before the train stopped, oh joy!g

I think it's quite clear they are gearing up for a very busy Easter weekend. Weather is looking good and Valhalla reopening, I'm expecting it to be be packed hence the need to have as many trains running as as possible on coasters.

It's it me or does revolution seem to be having more and more downtime? When I visited last year it was closed most of the day and only opens around 3. Is the ride getting to the the end of its life, it would certainly be missed.

Isn't it normal for it to struggle early in the season? Such as having to be dragged back into the station with ropes when it doesn't quite make it back in?

Four trains being set up for Easter, National weekend, and the flume in a shed reopening.
Didn't they used to have six trains originally.
Watching some old video recently, the speed of the trains as they did the last dip into the station!
...and people getting off before the train stopped, oh joy!g

It had at least 6. May have even had 8 but not confirmed.

I think it had a block brake on canal turn, similarly Dipper used to have one on the turnaround. No idea if it ever ran more than 6 though - it's hard to see where you'd stop them just to get them all on the system.

Blackpool are now selling a weekend ticket for £50 if booked online in advance, called Wow weekends.

It's not a bad price but PB is pretty compact.and on a normal day most people would get on all the rides they need. Still don't see it as anything negative.

Pretty good deal if you're staying over/local enough to make use of it. It can be pretty hard to get on all the rides on a busy day nowadays - too many low capacity rides to do all of them (even if you write off Grand Prix as a waste of time)

I also think it’s a pretty good deal, especially for those that might only make one trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach a year. It brings the ticket price down to £25 for each day which is a lot better than their standard online price for a day ticket.

It lets someone come down for the weekend, relax and enjoy their time at the park over two days rather than trying to do it all in one day. You can head out of the park and spend some time time elsewhere for a few hours say to get a meal or visit another attraction in Blackpool, knowing that you are coming back the next day instead of having to try and cram in everything you want to do in one day (which isn’t always easy to do when you visit in a family group). When you look at the overall amount of attractions in the park, including Nick Land and the dark rides, this is going to be a nice deal for those that want to try lots of things and get in a good amount of rides.

For those who've registered their new season passes. . .

I clicked on the link to register mine, put in my pass number and uploaded photo, only to be taken to the page which lets you book an e-ticket. I don't want to book an e-ticket yet, but thought I'd at least get an email stating I'd registered my season pass. Nothing. Does it only acknowledge your pass as registered once you've booked an actual visit?

I didn't get the register email, so turned up to the nice staff on the round desk and they sorted me out...
Sadly, I gave the nice lady my email address wrong, and still can't register, even though I now have a pass number for the year.

I think mine did the same. When I logged into the app, my photo and pass number was there and I was able to book an e-ticket so inferred from that I was ready to roll.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.