• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more speculation regarding the markings round the old Arcade/ black hole site tbh. Looks like a nice spot for a single rail coaster....

Well at some point they will need a new ride. Might not be this year or next but they must have a long term plan.
I agree, it's 5 years since Icon and it is not looking likely we will get anything in 2024 , unless that rumoured big wheel turns up or they plonk a cheap flat ride on the trauma towers site. (which would at least liven up north park a bit)

I would be surprised if the next ride is a coaster (although it would be great if it), but they really need something new in the next couple of years to keep people interested.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I think we could see a replacement for an existing ride rather than an additional coaster to their lineup (please got be infusion). But like others say I think that’s a while away now, and if it does come sooner rather than later I hope they have learnt their lessons from Icon. when it comes to poor marketing and going head to head with merlin… it’s a recipe for disaster.

There are no plans for a new coaster at Pleasure Beach any time soon, I can assure you.
Having visited for the first time this season on Sunday I think this may be the case.

A quick ride on the Pleasure Beach Express showed off the wonders of the park. Passing past the paint stripping of the Big Dipper and onto the animal scenes was laughable. Why only paint two or three of the animals over closed season, leaving the rest rotting away? They'd have been better to take them all away. That whole bit felt like passing through a park that had closed down 20 years ago.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more speculation regarding the markings round the old Arcade/ black hole site tbh. Looks like a nice spot for a single rail coaster....
The markings and ground testing would suggest they are at least considering that spot for something. The Big Wheel possibly, if that is still happening. The arcade is being emptied. And regarding a single rail coaster, RailBlazer will likely be up for sale, whether it would fit there though is the question.

The markings and ground testing would suggest they are at least considering that spot for something. The Big Wheel possibly, if that is still happening. The arcade is being emptied. And regarding a single rail coaster, RailBlazer will likely be up for sale, whether it would fit there though is the question.
RailBlazer would more than likely go to another Cedar Fair park and not anytime soon - they're putting rides  in to that park this year.

Not sure about Rail blazer but SFFT has had no end of troubles with WW golden Lasso, still annoying it was broke when I went. And the park are going to be renovating it in someway in the next low season (I'd guess after halloween).
Plus for the costs involved which would no doubt include taking down the ride, shipping the ride (from the west coast of America), getting in RMC to check it all over then surely they'd be better off going directly to RMC and getting a single rail that's purpose built to the plot. Or at least a Stunt Pilot version of the ride.

The Beach used to have two, next to each other, cranked by a large clown.
So having only one, with the extra one a mile up the road, wouldn't bother them I don't think.
If it is in the entry price, it will be another relaxer ride for between the coasters.

Observations from today at BPB

- Big one finally running two trains...ish... Second one was half sandbagged all day. Queue never got more than 10 mins

- National running two trains each side. Absolutely massively unnecessarily, however

- Icon throughput was staggeringly good

- Rev did test early on, but failed to open

- I might be late spotting this - Valhalla's queueline now has the metal posts in place, but no rope between them as yet

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.