• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Yeah I get that it’s not supposed to be a theme park.

Could just do with some sprucing up at the very least. It’s not a place that seems very atmospheric or even welcoming. Last time I visited, I lasted 3hrs in the place!

Yeah I get that it’s not supposed to be a theme park.

Could just do with some sprucing up at the very least. It’s not a place that seems very atmospheric or even welcoming. Last time I visited, I lasted 3hrs in the place!

When was that, out of interest?

Cedar Point do well on the "amusement park" tag. Okay they do have 17 coasters and some pretty amazing ones at that but theming there is very minimal.

I agree some parks and coasters don't need it. Personally I prefer a coaster to have thrills as well as a story, immersive theming, maybe a pre show, a great sound track etc where as.....Some people just want the thrills.

Thing is, just how are you supposed to "theme" a socking great hyper coaster? You can tart the station up all you like, but once you're on the ride, the most you can really do is dive in through a couple of tiny "objects" at the bottom of the drops.

I think there is a cut off size for coasters, after which it is a waste of time bothering to "theme" them. Now landscaping, on the other hand...

Been on it today, I rode in row 2 (letting my loving other have and her son have the front) the launches are very tame, and look even slower off ride. Don't let that fool you into thinking it' a bad ride though! The 1st hill does get airtime in the front, the helix outside the Steeplechase is well paced, as is the section that is on the Go Kart track.

What follows is a zero G roll and a pop of airtime before being launched again into the second inversion. The second half seems faster, the rapid chances in direction and small pops of airtime make for a great ride.

The ride looks visually stunning, I will let those who have pics and video's show you that!

It's so weird that it gives great airtime in areas that I would never have expected it to have any!

The Mack restraints seem to help this a great deal.

It's getting some rave reviews ... This k I may need to go on the 30th and see what the fuss is about

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

Sit towards the front or back, not in the middle. Just for that first hill, that's all. Rest of the ride is still ace in the middle.

Saw someone in the PBE video stating it was likely better than Helix.

Think I'll have to ignore the videos and wait to ride myself tbh.

That was yours truly.

Despite both rides being made by the same manufacturer, they're very different experiences so it is hard to compare them. I said Icon might be on par with Helix, might be. I genuinely need more rides on it to decide.

One thing's for sure, Icon is a fantastic coaster and the perfect fit for BPB. Well done Mands and co.