• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Shawn has posted his Vlog for the press event, talking about the ride and showing some POV's:

Must admit, I don't agree with some of the comments made, I can't say yet that it is a world class coaster (my opinion on the ride is still pretty unclear) but it certainly is very good for the UK.

How long before those entertainers (dancers borrowed from the ice show?) get called out on social media by the SJW loonys for "cultural apropriation"? :rolleyes:

Also, am I going mad, or in one of thise pics, is everyone on the train wearing matching sun glasses?

How long before those entertainers (dancers borrowed from the ice show?) get called out on social media by the SJW loonys for "cultural apropriation"? :rolleyes:

Also, am I going mad, or in one of thise pics, is everyone on the train wearing matching sun glasses?

I think it was some kind of face paint, but at first glance I thought they were blindfolded!

Also, somebody's press lanyard ended up on the stones under the heartline roll. How long before a phone / wallet ends up on there?

Haven't we been through the "hurr I bet people will be offended" debate before about this ride?
Don't look at me, I struggle to remember what I said yesterday! :p
Besides, it's never people themselves being "offended"... It's people who get offended on behalf of other people that cause the trouble.
... Wait, what does that make people who predict that other people will get offended on behalf of other people...?

But anyway, it's looking good. Even if they did nick the entrance "theme" from an old RCT project of mine. ;)

Full video of media event (includes press conference):

(Courtesy of SpringyTales on YouTube)

This is one of the best ones- over 30 minutes of pure Icon awesomeness! :)

00:00 - 20:59 - Intro & Press Conference
20:59 - 22:44 - First rides by the Thompson & Mack families
22:44 onwards - my experience of the ride, including on & off-ride footage, a ride review and a look at some of the merchandise on offer
(Taken from video description)

My thoughts pretty much echo those of Craig, but to summarise:
  • Our first ride, on the second row from the back, was very underwhelming considering the weekend reviews. It had a few good moments but much of it felt slow and forceless.
  • I am amazed at how much it warmed up in such a short space of time! Come 3pm it was like a different ride, with some good forces on some of the turns at the back and some cracking airtime.
  • Overall I think it is a front row coaster; although some parts on the back row once it has warmed up are brilliant.
  • The mist really adds to the ride, hopefully this will remain.
  • I love the overall styling of Icon, they've done a good job. I'm still not a huge fan of the station exterior from a distance, however it is better close up and even better inside!
  • The soundtrack is perfect, just a pity it is not available as a CD.
Icon is a really good fun rollercoaster and unlike anything else in the UK. I cannot wait to ride it later in the year towards the end of a long day when it has really warmed up!

:)

If you have a PC you can download iTunes, purchase it there and then put it onto a blank cd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick question, will ICON be included on the Speedy Pass?
Speedypass currently lists it.

Appears to be included in VIP Plus but I’d assume a one shot ticket is also available.

https://www.speedypassmobile.co.uk/#/rides

24qigz7.png

Right then, up stupidly early this morning to get a train to Blackpool. Hope everyone else going today has a great time.