• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Open today...one and a half trains
Park pretty busy today.
Only until 2 when it was our next ride then closed no change in the wind around the park but the sign came out saying closed because of the wind speed. I guess it was a lot higher wind speed up there. Icon operating well again though and fantastic 4pm ride on it front row, seemed so much quicker!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Unlucky...I had gone before one ...queues getting too long for me .
I am curious as to what your queue times were? I went today with a family of 4 to take advantage of the free visit in September offer. We arrived at 10:45 and walked onto Streak - nobody on the platform. We then walked onto Revolution and queued for about 10 minutes for the Big One. Then it was Icon which had a constantly moving queue say about 10 -15 mins. All this before 11:45. Walking back toward the entrance was the Ice Blast with no queue at all so three goes on that then Valhalla which also had absolutely no queue at all. We went on Infusion and the queue was about 5 mins. The longest was the Dipper due to only one train at about 25 mins just after 1pm. At 2pm it was icon again but this time on the front row. The queue was 15 mins. Back again at 3:30pm for another front row ride same 15 mins queue and a very noticeable speed increase on Icon this time. Left at 4:30pm thinking that people who buy passes to queue jump are mad. Came in August on a Sat, had a similar experience except Big One was running with a huge queue as was Ice Blast. Today the park seemed empty! Can't believe some found it busy. Biggest queue was Ghost Train! It was running 10 cars but had to wait 35 mins.

Reactions: pj
If you had visited on Friday afternoon with me you would realise how spoilt some of us are with off peak queuetimes.
Everything bar Icon was walk on, and we even got a bit of sun.
It was the Dipper and National queues that sent me on my way...my wife was clothes shopping up by the tower, so every half hour queue costs me another 25 quid in ladies clothing!
Must have followed you onto the Streak Jarvel...triple Icon, mixed with dodgems and Infusion.
All in about seventy minutes.
Usual Sunday morning!

Rode this for the first time on Wednesday. A great ride, BPPB best rollercoaster with inversions. I was underwhelmed with the launch, not as powerful as Rita.

Great addition to the park, loved it.

If you two nominate and second me...I might have a chance.
Me and Bernard doing "If I ruled the world" yesterday afternoon was absolutely magnificent.
Season passes for free for the over fifty fives...as long as they buy at least three alcoholic drinks on each visit.
Can't post his seagull comment on here.

I rode Icon for the first time on Sunday since the media day, and managed to get 3 rides in. The first ride was slow and bland, but not as slow and bland as my very first ride had been. The second ride was slightly better and the final ride on the back row near the end of the day had some very good moments.

Icon is a frustrating coaster. It should be brilliant but it is not. Once it's warmed up then it does have some good airtime moments but it is just so inconsistent and there is little point riding on it first then when it's slowly dordling around the track.

Alas, the mist was working and I do love the theme/style of the ride still!

:)