• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

It's looking amazing, both the stengel dive and helix look fantastic and I really like the colour scheme now that I have seen it built up.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the station, Pleasure Beach have a tradition of building unusual or iconic ride stations (I remember seeing a documentary for The Big One where they stated they didn't want it to look like a box) but this literally looks like a box at the moment - I'll reserve full judgement until it is finished, but currently it looks a bit disappointing.

Last edited:
It looks to me like it could end up like a Japanese style building.

Here are some pictures for reference.
1512145166649-721945517.jpg

1512144998394-1649386374.jpg

Of course not that scale though, nor as detailed!

I’m quite certain that part of the building is just the maintenance shed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maintenance is part of the station building. I believe the station track is also the transfer track.

Correct me if I`m wrong...but layout-wise, I see a lot more sense in comparing this to Taron than to Helix...like a LOT more. A lot of twistyness, many near misses, a low to the ground layout, two launches. But the best would probably be not to compare it at all to other coasters or a least not so often. The UK is getting an extremely comfortable und fun coaster. A very long one, too. Enough reason JUST to be happy about that addition IMHO :)

Not necessarily, the Mack Youngstar at Parque Warner Madrid has a sliding station track, with an offload platform as part of the transfer mechanism.

Intamin are the "fuck it" manufacturer, they like to push boundaries, go crazy with forces, and generally just push rides to the limit.

Mack seem to have a much more subdued approach, keeping things simple, and a bit more tame.

So IMO Helix is the only comparable coaster, not Taron. Taron also has an unbelievabe level of theming, remember.

Intamin also tend to have massive amounts of downtime, and have created two of the worst coasters known to man in Baco and Tornado at Bakken...

And let's not talk of the similarities between Taron's trains to the Mack ones...

They may well have created 2 of the worst coasters known to man, but I'd take one of them opening every now and then when they also create the likes of El Toro, Taron, Red Force, Goliath, Sky Rush, Formula Rossa, Superman/Bizzaro, GeForce, Flying Aces, Kingda Ka, Maverick, iSpeed and Top Thrill Dragster.