• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I have to say that this is flying up quite quickly. Dare I say it, but I reckon this and SW8 could be pretty close in opening! Early April perhaps?

24th March is the first day of daily operation, I know it's a push but I don't think it's impossible, especially if the track is fully completed in January.

Do we know if the Steeplechase end has seen anything go up yet? In terms of logistics that end is going to be far more difficult to work in than the Tom Sawyer area, so it follows it’s going to take them longer there for track install. I’m guessing the crane is going to work progressively from the station southwards to the Big Blue, so things might slow up a little as they move in that direction.

I realise its far from finished (looks great so far) but I will be interested to see what landscaping goes on in the old Tom Sawyer lake area & if any of the area does get filled with water. Would be a shame for the ride to be just dumped onto the concrete space like Smiler.

Been at dusk this evening, building is just being done in the lake site, looked cool in floodlights, still not very vertical, nothing sticking up in the skyline from outside the park yet...but good fun peeping through the fence gaps and gates.
I think the ground will be left dry sadly...maybe sand like the Infusion beach. Would love pink water and a massive fountain and flames though.

Quite a few of the construction chaps were in The Velvet Coaster last night. Some had Mack swag.

DChTWE1.jpg

kaXYbOf.jpg