• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

And what would I film them with Diogo...my lawnmower or my hedgetrimmer?

Ah, so he was moved on cos he was wandering round the perimeter with a lawnmower and hedge trimmer!
I'm really keen to see the landscaping under Icon and what, if anything, goes on top of that tunnel.
Does Icon actually interact with dipper?

Yeah but all rides open (well, they're supposed to :p) at the most 30 minutes after park open time, bar Valhalla & the Nash.

Yes, BPB’s staggering is not that bad, not 2 hours anyway. That said, I’ve had plenty of visits where I was told “The Big One is on late opening today” and they have not even specified an estimated time which is a bit poor. If it’s wind related then fair enough, otherwise I’m not sure why they can’t be more specific. I think of all the rides to stagger, Nash shouldn’t be one of them. Let’s face it, Mouse, Nash & Ice Blast & maybe Flying Machines have been popular first rides of the day. With Mouse sadly gone, they really should get Nash straight open as the only remaining coaster on North park.

Valhalla is somewhat random but unless I’m prepared with change of clothes etc I don’t bother with it anyway. Best not get Jamie started on Valhalla effects !

Short answer: yes, in a number of places. It passed overhead on the outward/return section, and goes over and under where the go karts were.

Construction is coming along nicely!

c7b455758c3216feb09b89af394d8768.jpg
Indeed, not quite as good as it was on page 53 though :p

The supports around the Big One entrance area look very intricate. I was hoping that we might get something a little sleeker, rather than what looks to be a mess of steel.

I wonder if it will end up looking impressive in its grandeur or a little cluttered. Hoping for the first.

Plus I’m surprised to see how low some of the track is to the ground in that area. I hadn’t realised it was pretty much at ground level next to Sky Force’s queue. Should make for some good visuals with the train flying past.

I’m surprised to see how low some of the track is to the ground in that area. I hadn’t realised it was pretty much at ground level next to Sky Force’s queue. Should make for some good visuals with the train flying past.

It really does looks ace having a coaster going through The Big One's lift hill. Yes, another thing to look at from Skyforce now. Sharing a wave with someone on Big Dipper / The Big One whilst on there is always fun. Don't suppose many will miss the banana stalls next to Steeplechase. I bet they end up on the Mouse space.

Hi Everyone. Long time stalker - first time poster.

Loving the look of this. Assuming we think this will be open by the Easter holidays? Want to book into a premier inn . . .

There’s nothing official other than ‘Spring’. Easter’s early this year as well. Whilst not impossible, it only gives them around 2 months to get the track finished, ride test and commission plus the associated landscaping etc.

May...beginning or end bank holidays are my bet.
Don't think there is much chance for Easter, but we can hope!
Would be more than happy if it was, back to school after Easter is always the best time on the Beach.

Few observations:

1. Wow.
2. There’s a support right in front of the Steeplechase signage.
3. I’m doubling down on the new building by Big One’s brakes being the ride shop.
4. Ride entrance and/or exit path across the top of the tunnel?
5. Coasters is clearly gone. I reckon they’re going to build a balcony where the old oriel waltzer windows were. Should be a good view of the Immelmann from there. Bernard’s might have competition this year.
6. Be interesting to see what happens with landscaping. There are a few different areas and levels that have been created which means space for flowers and fountains!
7. The tunnel is a little shorter than I’d expected.
8. Wow.

How long before someone tries to take this down?