• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

It’s good practice to put your headline ride furthest away from the entrance. Helps sir circulate guests throughout the park.

Also those pictures look stunning!

Agreed this will be a great coaster for the uk but to say it will be the best coaster in the uk confirms your rose tinted Blackpool “kiss me quick” glasses! Btw mouse didn’t close for maintenance this year
I think it's pretty reasonable to expect a double launch Mack to be there or there abouts, it'll at the very least be uk top 3 or 5 for a lot of people

Well the top spot is there for the taking seeing as they have knocked down what was the UK's best coaster !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last time I checked, Nemesis was still standing! ;)

It is impossible to say whether or not this is going to be the best coaster in the UK or not when it has not even been fully constructed! I am confident that it will be in the top 5 at least, but whether it is say 1 or 2 comes down to how well it rides. If it is full of airtime and awesome transitions taken at speed then it could well be my new UK number 1. If the launches are poor and it takes the layout at a slower speed than we hope then it could be a huge disappointment. We really do not know!

It's like Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point. It certainly has the potential to be the best coaster in the world. Will it be? It is far to early to say!

:)

This really could be a top three coaster. Mouse was always in my top 5. Not sure when I will get to ride.
Very excited to see Icon coming together.
When do we expect the park to get the damn thing open? Do these types of rides suffer from teething problems usually?

Agreed this will be a great coaster for the uk but to say it will be the best coaster in the uk confirms your rose tinted Blackpool “kiss me quick” glasses! Btw mouse didn’t close for maintenance this year

Oh yes of course, it's at the Pleasure Beach, so saying it will be the best coaster in the country isn't allowed on here.

You're absolutely spot on, the Wild Mouse closed for maintenance last year not this year.

Oh yes of course, it's at the Pleasure Beach, so saying it will be the best coaster in the country isn't allowed on here.

How, when the trains for Icon are still in Germnay, can you say that it will be the best coaster in the country? I'd understand if it was being built in say Portugal where there are no stand out coasters, clearly it would be. But the UK already has some pretty good coasters!

I agree that Icon has the potential to be the best, but I worry that with a lot of hype even at this stage it might disappoint. I love Helix and rate it higher than any UK coaster. I would love to be able to say the same about Icon this time next year!

If Icon runs fast with snappy transitions it's pretty much certain to be in the UK top 3 at a minimum, slow it down a little and it could be rather underwhelming, though still undoubtedly a very good ride. Given that it's not even finished yet, let alone tested, I don't see how it's possible to proclaim it as a new UK number 1.

I think you can say is that it has the potential to be the UK’s best coaster. Time will tell if it is or not.

Just been for a peep through the south gates.
Very strange bridge like supports over the public area between sky force, Steeplechase and PMBO.
Cool way of keeping the track supports out of the walkways.
Will be heading round steeplechase and Dipper next week by the look of things.
Moved on by security for the first time today.

I'd imagine Icon will open when the park opens, it would be stupid for it not to. However Blackpool have been staggering their ride openings far longer than Towers have!

I'd imagine Icon will open when the park opens, it would be stupid for it not to. However Blackpool have been staggering their ride openings far longer than Towers have!

Yeah but all rides open (well, they're supposed to :p) at the most 30 minutes after park open time, bar Valhalla & the Nash.

You're absolutely spot on, the Wild Mouse closed for maintenance last year not this year.

I think of all the forums to take that shot at this is the last one, not exactly building a case for your desire to have good debate.

Modern coasters in particular are really difficult to predict prior to riding as there are so many variables that can by applied to impact the ride (trims, launch speed etc).

Look at Taron, on paper it looked like it had the potential to be mind blowing, but the trims and the meandering mid section had a lot of people feeling a little cold (not everyone).

Icon has all the potential, it’s from a manufacturer well regarded in these parts and Pleasure Beach is pretty well liked too, we just don’t fanboy the place (Though everyone likes Mandy).

I suspect this will rate very highly, it will ultimately depend on how it compares to Helix and Taron. Regarding U.K. coasters there is only really Nemesis and it will be going against the sentiment factor there.

And what would I film them with Diogo...my lawnmower or my hedgetrimmer?
And I was by the inner gates, on BPB land, via the open entrance gates.
He was very polite, just doing his job, but the usual bloke is much friendlier.
Can't wait for opening weekend for a proper stalk.