• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Great footage and photo. Really sad to see an empty hole where Wild Mouse should be, but Icon looks great. Amazing to think of all that surrounds Big Dipper now when once it stood alone practically on the beach. South Park has so many coasters now !

The most important observation in that video: the fountain show has been paved over!
Surely Amanda wouldn't remove two fountains in one year?
Great footage! Thanks to whoever got it. Drones are awesome, aren't they?
Coasters building seems to still be there, might be gutted though.
So much room where bowl-a-drome, black Hole, Wild Mouse, staff car park and Trauma Towers is/was. Would love to see another coaster down there in the next few years. Maybe Mack have done a deal?
I can't wait to see the area around steeplechase going up.
Would be great to get some drone footage of testing.

Both the trauma towers and wild mouse sites look very untidy at the minute, I do wonder if they're actually going to bother doing anything with them this season? It would be a big shame if they've spent loads of time & money on getting ICON looking smart, only to leave 2 gaping holes at the other end of park.

Both the trauma towers and wild mouse sites look very untidy at the minute, I do wonder if they're actually going to bother doing anything with them this season? It would be a big shame if they've spent loads of time & money on getting ICON looking smart, only to leave 2 gaping holes at the other end of park.
Wild mouse plant pots.

I'd like to see some sort of gesture towards the Mouse, maybe a ride car on display with a few facts about the ride, some boards up with pictures of the ride etc. I could see it fitting in quite nicely in the entrance under Noah's Ark, where the furnace goes for Vampire Beach.

Wouldn't make up for the horrendous handling of the situation, but it'd be something at least.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some sort of gesture towards the Mouse, maybe a ride car on display with a few facts about the ride, some boards up with pictures of the ride etc. I could see it fitting in quite nicely in the entrance under Noah's Ark, where the furnace goes for Vampire Beach.

Wouldn't make up for the horrendous handling of the situation, but it'd be something at least.
I can see them having no reference to the Mouse at all. Like it never existed.
Unfortunately Heritage doesn't seem to be high on the agenda these days.
Once any bits they can flog to enthusiasts has gone it will be a distant memory.
EDIT; It certainly looks like the fountain show has indeed been filled-in!
That was a NEW MACHINE!
e1f45995af56a3b2ed265e3a349321e3.jpg

Last edited:
My money is on Trauma Towers getting a giant poster advertising Icon and the Ice Show covering the wall... Wild Mouse a couple of wooden food concessions and some hoardings for 2018.

I can see them having no reference to the Mouse at all. Like it never existed.
Unfortunately Heritage doesn't seem to be high on the agenda these days.
Once any bits they can flog to enthusiasts has gone it will be a distant memory.
EDIT; It certainly looks like the fountain show has indeed been filled-in!
That was a NEW MACHINE!
e1f45995af56a3b2ed265e3a349321e3.jpg

Seriously? If we're talking heritage, look no further than the Flying Machines, or the Grand National, or the Big Dipper etc, the Wild Mouse wasn't even the oldest wooden coaster at the Pleasure Beach.

The fountain hasn't been 'filled-in' at all.

Seriously? If we're talking heritage, look no further than the Flying Machines, or the Grand National, or the Big Dipper etc, the Wild Mouse wasn't even the oldest wooden coaster at the Pleasure Beach.

The fountain hasn't been 'filled-in' at all.
Those three rides are listed!
I'm referring to the removal of heritage markers and general sanitising of the amusement park vibe. Haven't they hidden the mechanism for the flying machines? I used to love looking at that.
As for the fountain, you're probably right, it just looked like it from that angle.
Icon seriously looks awesome and I can't wait to see it testing. Hopefully I'll get on it sometime this year!

Those three rides are listed!

Means nothing, when the time comes to redevelop them they can just apply to modify or demolish them. Blackpool Council will let them do it to improve the park and its future.

No but it was the world's oldest surviving wooden wild mouse!

Awful throughput, expensive to maintain and a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's time had come, Pleasure Beach have removed rides time and time again - just look at The Reel, Whip, Log Flume etc, this is no different. Heck, at the time people might have been upset about the removal of the Scenic Railway or the Velvet Coaster but we got Grand National and Rollercoaster / Streak as replacements.

I'll miss it greatly - but something will replace Mouse and it will be a worthy, modern successor. Pleasure Beach are a business and have to make hard decisions, sometimes killing their children to ensure the longterm future of the park.

Awful throughput, expensive to maintain and a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's time had come, Pleasure Beach have removed rides time and time again - just look at The Reel, Whip, Log Flume etc, this is no different. Heck, at the time people might have been upset about the removal of the Scenic Railway or the Velvet Coaster but we got Grand National and Rollercoaster / Streak as replacements.

I'll miss it greatly - but something will replace Mouse and it will be a worthy, modern successor.

Agree in part, of course it would be great if at some point an excellent new ride, preferably a coaster, appears in the space left by the Mouse / Trauma Towers, but it will have to be incredibly good to be a 'worthy successor' to Wild Mouse. I get the point, many of today's classics replaced rides that'd had their day. Big Dipper replacing the Switchback too. Log Flume being replaced by Infusion doesn't float my boat though (see what I did there?).

Anyway, Mouse has gone. We can't do anything about this now. Back on topic, did anyone buy the Icon boarding pass thing?