• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I'm not sure if it's a H&S regulation. I would guess that it is, especially on a ride like this.
Unfortunately if there isn't something to stop falling objects/limit the objects you can take on the ride an incident is fairly likely with all the interactions Icon has.
There's a whole lot of idiots out there.

I'm not sure if it's a H&S regulation. I would guess that it is, especially on a ride like this.
Unfortunately if there isn't something to stop falling objects/limit the objects you can take on the ride an incident is fairly likely with all the interactions Icon has.
There's a whole lot of idiots out there.

It's probably not a regulation in itself, but netting is probably the easiest/cheapest way to maintain a safe environment. Although, PMBO's turnaround doesn't have netting, nor do the hills near Burger King, so maybe they won't bother, at least in the early days before someone throws a selfie stick to get that ACTION shot

I don’t think there are any rides with netting despite there being paths or other possible contact below. Just off the top of my head there’s PMBO, Steeplechase, Infusion, Big Dipper, Revolution, Flying Machines, Mouse (rip) and maybe Avalanche-ish that travel over pathways, none of which have nets.

If that’s anything to go by maybe we won’t see any nets.

It's probably not a regulation in itself, but netting is probably the easiest/cheapest way to maintain a safe environment. Although, PMBO's turnaround doesn't have netting, nor do the hills near Burger King, so maybe they won't bother, at least in the early days before someone throws a selfie stick to get that ACTION shot

I put PMBO’s turn around and Burger King hills in the same catagory as Air.....

Nothing is happening, even the pockets of idiots don’t eject phone without some G Force. Come to think of it bar the first drop the whole of the Big One is safe from netting.....

I don’t think there are any rides with netting despite there being paths or other possible contact below. Just off the top of my head there’s PMBO, Steeplechase, Infusion, Big Dipper, Revolution, Flying Machines, Mouse (rip) and maybe Avalanche-ish that travel over pathways, none of which have nets.

If that’s anything to go by maybe we won’t see any nets.

Only Avalance and big one go over paths for any significant amount compared to other parks, one has no force and the other is a trough so catches its own artefacts.

I saw someone's false teeth fall out on the final helix of PMBO once. Best thing I've ever seen.

Wonders never cease

I saw someone's false teeth fall out on the final helix of PMBO once. Best thing I've ever seen.
Fred Dibnah lost his hat on the Big One!
Yeah, I can actually believe they won't initially install any netting but out of all the rides at PB Icon is probably the most likely to have loose articles falling.
Some of the track is so close to the ground it will require fencing to stop idiots trying to climb it.

Some of it is probably low enough that you'd need a fence to avoid having people on the ground getting hit by trains, so that'd be fair enough. Looks like there'll be a lot of near misses around the Skyforce area, hopefully they've got their measurements right.

DVBkDJFXkAAaKNO

Credit to Amanda Thompson

A couple more photos from Mandy which may well be in that Mirror article but I'm going to post here anyway to save having to click:

DVBkFZ2XkAAIPDq.jpg

DVBkG5fWkAICR3T.jpg

She has also said that the track work is nearly complete and that construction of the shop is well under way. No mention of any new fountains yet.

:)

If they're launches then so are Th13teen's movements out of the Chapel and again into the station. I'd class them as pushes. Even if you do class them as launches, ICON will be the UK's first double launch continuous circuit coaster.
Yeah, I'm just nitpicking really.
Pretty sure Revolution and Thirteen were both referred to as launches during their marketing campaigns too.
So UK's first double launch coaster except for the other one right next to it.