• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

It’s interesting to see how the speed looks different between the close and wider perspectives.

Those few glimpses of the second half look very positive. My airtime sense is tingling.

"Testing, which is being done using weighted water ballasts, will last for a 'couple of weeks', a Pleasure Beach spokesman said"

From the Gazette.

two weeks is long for a Mack Ride isn’t it? I could of sworn DC Rivals had humans onboard the first week of test runs.

Although diffferent rules different parts of world I guess.

Happy for them to take their time if it means the station and themeing are all in place for the opening day. Also so that they can announce the opening day in advance so I can book the day off work.

And I don't think HSE care, its only ADIPS that test amusement rides.

When creating a ride there's more to the overall attraction than just the coaster hardware. Queue lines, fire escape routes, electrical safety, access plans, crowd-size research, evacuation paths and procedures etc. There is a lot to sign off in satisfying various safety bodies.

When creating a ride there's more to the overall attraction than just the coaster hardware. Queue lines, fire escape routes, electrical safety, access plans, crowd-size research, evacuation paths and procedures etc. There is a lot to sign off in satisfying various safety bodies.

Its still not the HSE who come and visit. The local fire brigade may come and check the evacuation plan and route, the local council may also need to make checks but the HSE are in general reactionary, they only get involved if there is a complaint.

Those videos look like the ride is going to have some good speed through those swooping turns.

Looking very promising :)