• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Westlakes-Attraction-Safety-team-achieve-UKAS-accreditation-500x315.jpg

I don't think this has been posted yet. It's a photo taken from Park World magazine.

To be fair it was posted on the 14th March, but I only just saw it. It's from an article about Westlakes who do the ADIPS inspection and possibly the design review?

Westlakes-Attraction-Safety-team-achieve-UKAS-accreditation-500x315.jpg

I don't think this has been posted yet. It's a photo taken from Park World magazine.

Great photo. Will be cool to have Icon snaking over your head & going through the Immelmann whilst on PBE. It should add some excitement to Grand Prix too. Well, as much excitement as is possible without the old petrol cars :)

To be fair it was posted on the 14th March, but I only just saw it. It's from an article about Westlakes who do the ADIPS inspection and possibly the design review?
Half of it, in this case - only the structure.

More ICON testing footage from earlier on today;

It does seem quite slow through some of the first half but I would imagine with time it'll pick up more speed, it was very interesting watching it today. They stopped testing by the time I'd moved position to film, but I'll back there soon.

There are sections of the ride which look rather fast - the Steeplechase slalom section, some of the turns and hills after the second launch. There are also sections which appear decidedly slow - the Big Dipper high five and meander back to the brakes, the top of the Immelmann and the sections immediately before and after the Steeplechase slalom.

I’m not saying that the sections appearing slow are a bad thing. There looks like there will be some excellent hangtime in places. I also know we’ll see an increase in speed. I don’t however believe the speed increase will be that much. It will be interesting to see how the slower sections ride though.