• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Yeah Pleasure Beach is not a theme park and doesn't need theming. It's just not what the park is. Although really It'd be great if they did since Valhalla is stunning in appearance, but for a park like them, it'd be a waste of budget.

Last edited:
Pleasure Beach have proved they can style things nicely and presentably without outright theming them. I always thought Valhalla's theming, while impressive in parts, is overrated. It has some great elements, but lacks charm and detail.

Screamscape have posted a possible layout given to them by an anonymous source.

fP6YEm3.jpg

Screamscape said:
The coaster will launch from the left side of the image to the right, towards The Big One where it looks like it will shoot up over the Top Hat element, up and over the lift hill of The Big One. On the other side it will drop down into an inclined loop, a "Banked Double-Up" and a series of twisted turns before it comes back and returns over (or through) The Big One in a Zero-G-Roll maneuver. From here it will hit the second launch right up and into an Immelman, more twists, turns, a high speed helix and an "airtime hump", "off axis airtime hill" and ending with a "high dive" before hitting the brakes.

Looks good to me. I wonder if they could time it so trains launch past each other.

Many people "in the know"have insinuated that this is the plan for the coaster, and has been for a while now.

i have seen that video with bpb and mack branding at the start. As far as I'm concerned that's a recreation and is what to expect IMO

Am I the only one that thinks the second half looks a little 'meh'? It just doesn't seem to really do much, aside from meander around the place at quite a slow pace, especially as it comes into the brakes.

Am I the only one that thinks the second half looks a little 'meh'? It just doesn't seem to really do much, aside from meander around the place at quite a slow pace, especially as it comes into the brakes.

I think it will feel faster when on it, and when on Rita the little dips really do feel a lot bigger so should be cool.

i have seen that video with bpb and mack branding at the start. As far as I'm concerned that's a recreation and is what to expect IMO

I pretty much agree with this.

IF it turns out like the video above it's clear there's going to be a number of airtime moments of which is the element I love the most about Mack launch coasters like Helix & Blue Fire.

Final point, I have wondered for sometime how the park is actually affording this coaster they still owe Blackpool council for Nick Land/Wallace & Gromit which is £5m of which is due to be repaid in November 2017. I just hope if the park are gambling on loans for this project that it really does pay off for them :)

^Businesses live off loans! Merlin owes various people a few hundred million and yet they're still ploughing on with new rides.

Although, I hope the get that loan paid off fairly soon just so the commentators on the Gazette site can move onto moaning about something else!

I can easily imagine that Amanda has organised a deal with the Mack family. She's well liked by other park owners, she's friends with the Macks and has a prominent position in IAAPA.

^Businesses live off loans! Merlin owes various people a few hundred million and yet they're still ploughing on with new rides.

Although, I hope the get that loan paid off fairly soon just so the commentators on the Gazette site can move onto moaning about something else!

I can easily imagine that Amanda has organised a deal with the Mack family. She's well liked by other park owners, she's friends with the Macks and has a prominent position in IAAPA.

The park can afford this IMO, they are profitable once more, and the park always hold good accounts it's more because of lack of investment with bad weather why they loose on some seasons.

The park also has heavily invested in infrastructure, reducing costs and improving the feel of the park. I think they probably feel that the project is done and more funds can be invested into rides.

Banks/council know a new ride will boost blackpool for number years as it's destination resort unlike towers

This coaster looks amazing too, so that will grab a lot of interest, and will well be worth the investment.