• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Does anyone know if you get a time slot between 9am -10am for boarding passes on opening day?

Don't think there's a specific time slot. Was just told to arrive around 8.45am. Think it'll be very busy. Especially on the 19th, 20th, and 25th.

I imagine the whole of half term will be heaving.
Word is now getting around...all my customers have been asking me questions.
Week after half term...first full week in June, will be best for the shortest queues, then heaving with end of year students, then schools weeks hell until the summer holidays.

Nothing says classy more than strips of astroturf.....

DcxgL_gW0AUHXY1.jpg

Source

:)

Just got an email from BPB. You can still buy an Icon boarding card for a ride on 19,20, 21, 22 or 25 May before it opens to the public. £25 though! I think they were £15 bought way in advance in the shop

There are two tiers of boarding cards, this is the VIP one which includes early access whilst the standard one doesn't. The idea of paying £25 to ride before the great unwashed seems like absolute madness to me but presumably some people have bought them.

Icon looks great. I’m going to be controversial and say that the AstroTurf there is ok. It looks better than patchy grass and makes the less prominent ride area look tidy with low maintenance staying green and not having to cut and remove overgrowth later on. The whole area including the better themed bits and the ground covered AstroTurf will look well presented overall.

Icon looks great. I’m going to be controversial and say that the AstroTurf there is ok. It looks better than patchy grass and makes the less prominent ride area look tidy with low maintenance staying green and not having to cut and remove overgrowth later on. The whole area including the better themed bits and the ground covered AstroTurf will look well presented overall.
Yeah thinking about it grass would look rubbish down there as it's in the shade most of the time, it'd be a patchy mess. Who's going to actually be looking down at what's underneath the return into the station/underneath the Coasters balcony anyway (besides us)?

Wasn't it sandy down there before / whilst construction was taking place? Personally I thought that looked alright, certainly if they'd added a few rocks as well

The astroturf is probably easier to keep clean, and look moderately attractive. By the looks of under the station, there's some kind of exit under there, so the flooring has to be safe to walk on as well as look nice.

As long as they keep it clean, I much prefer this to plain concrete

The astroturf is certainly better than bare concrete but I still think it looks pretty bad, a better quality astroturf would have been nicer. On the other had, I love what they have done with the rockwork, water feature and so on where the red posts are; looks wonderful!

:)

Some shallow water, similar to on Infusion, might have looked nice. Or just some plants and flowers. Or just not AstroTurf unless they want it to look like our Wacky Worm at Codona's.