• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The same water ride was planned for the old Samurai location a few years back wasn’t it? It even got as far as being added to maps around the park with ‘new for 20XX’ stickers (maybe it was 2016 time?). Interesting that they have revisited the idea for a different location.

I spy Fastrack queues.

Sigh.

Also +1 for the why bother when Griffin's Galleon is already there (and a fab ride to boot).

The water based teacups will be insanely popular; so they're a good choice even if I'll never set foot on them.
@Benzin why won’t you ride the Water Tea Cups?

The same water ride was planned for the old Samurai location a few years back wasn’t it? It even got as far as being added to maps around the park with ‘new for 20XX’ stickers (maybe it was 2016 time?). Interesting that they have revisited the idea for a different location.
@AT86 I remember this,it was very disappointing when this didn’t happen. I believe the ride was cancelled due to the fire that destroyed The Creaky Cafe and part of Bubbleworks. Additionally Merlin had to pay compensation to the victims of The Smiler crash at Alton Towers. Thease 2 disasters meant that budget costs were made unfortunately this meant the scrapping of the new rides.

Who else thinks the new Water ride will a a Mack Twist And Shout,rather than a Zamperla Water Mania? TBH I think the plans look more like The Spongebob ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. This ride is a Mack Twist And Shout. Back when the ride was planned in 2016 the ride was said to be a Mack Twist And Shout. Chessington Buzz even state they “personally” think it’s a Watermania.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Matt N will Chessington’s Watermania be as fast as Marauder’s Mayhem? Matt Rocky Express was actually at Thorpe Park years before Canada Creek was around. Rocky Express started off in Octopus Garden. When Canada Creek opened the ride was rethemed and relocated. Following the relocation of Rocky Express I believe Octopus Garden was also rethemed.
I’m not sure, in all honesty. According to Zamperla’s website, the main ride rotation for the Watermania is 3.5RPM in both directions, while the gondola rotation is 4RPM clockwise and 11RPM anti-clockwise.

I’m unsure about Marauder’s Mayhem’s speed; Mack says that the Tea Cups is capable of “variable speeds”, while TS’ fact file has no speed stats for Marauder’s Mayhem in particular.

Also, I never knew that about Rocky Express; cheers for the knowledge @Prof Burp! I genuinely thought it was brand new for Canada Creek… I don’t think they rethemed Octopus Gardens, though, as that area was demolished to build Storm Surge in 2010. Unless Thorpe built a different Octopus Gardens after the demise of the original one… did they?

Last edited:
If the Frog Hopper is staying put and the Rock 'n' Tug is off to Chessington, could Rocky Express be off to Alton? They need flat rides fast and they currently don't have the same ride type.

If the Frog Hopper is staying put and the Rock 'n' Tug is off to Chessington, could Rocky Express be off to Alton? They need flat rides fast and they currently don't have the same ride type.
Could be, but I don’t know if Rocky would be a bit too old to be considered for relocation… what @Prof Burp told me above would suggest it’s been running since the 80s at latest, which is far older than the other 2.

@Prof Burp - Rocky Express is gone… it won’t make its way to Chessington
It won't be going to Alton either. I can't find it but I'm sure Thorpe did a social post mentioning that Rocky Express was "exploring retirement options", or something like that. I personally think it will be scrapped, given how old it is. Plus it would require a new platform in a new location, as the current one is a very permanent brick structure.

Edit: here it is:

unknown.png

Last edited:

Does anyone have a photo of this map? Didn’t realise this was ever planned?

@Rocket I think the new ride will be a Mack Twist And Splash rather than a Zamperla Watermania. My reasoning is that when planned for 2016 the ride was said to be a Twist And Splash.

@Rocket I think the new ride will be a Mack Twist And Splash rather than a Zamperla Watermania. My reasoning is that when planned for 2016 the ride was said to be a Twist And Splash.
Actually, if the TS posts in 2015 are anything to go by, I think a Zamperla Watermania was the 2015 rumour:
Please excuse me whilst I laugh, but according to Chessington Buzz they are getting one of these next year...

Wow! If true, is it too late for them to get a refund?

:)

And @Rocket, the park did officially acknowledge it, too, with a "new ride for 2016" marker appearing in around August 2015:
Maps around the park at Chessington are showing a 'New ride for 2016' sticker in Samurai's old location in Mystic East.

First new ride since Kobra in 2010 (I think??). No idea what it might be but more importantly perhaps a glimmer of hope it will be combined with a refurb of Dragon Falls?
However, this was scrapped in around November 2015 after the effect of the Smiler crash on Merlin's finances.

With Timber Tug Boat moving to Chessington,could I please ask which other rides were at Weymouth? Obviously there was Timber Tug Boat,River Rafts and Lumber Jump. What were the other rides and where are they located now?

Can anyone tell me if the new Water ride,can operate as a standard Tea Cup ride in poor weather? If the answer is yes can the speed of the ride be turned up,when the water isn’t running